Series wiring two 3s vs single 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You were the least helpful of all that "contributed".

But other than that correction, I'd say ur a sharp tool. ☺

doesn't matter how you put them. The cells in a 6s are in series same as 2 3s in series. What affects the difference in discharge of the individual cells is the variance in internal resistance. The cell with the lowest resistance will discharge faster regardless where it is in the stack. In high end applications the cells are balanced as they discharge. This is much more complicated than balanced charging and reserved for things like 1:1 electric cars and hybrids.

I don't agree with SMC's statement that there will be more demands on one battery over the other when connected in series. this would only be true if they were connected in parallel. The current flowing around a closed loop will be the same. at any point in the circuit. IR, wire length can be be considered as resistance in a closed loop, and while that would cause a voltage drop, it doesn't load one battery more over the other when in series.

Just my opinion, could be wrong

I always run 2 batteries. It’s the luck of the draw where which one ends up where. So far it really hasn’t caused an issue.

If you don't worry about it and let the law of averages take over. they should end up being used pretty close to equally anyhow.

When I ran two 2s packs in series one always ended up having less volts. More an issue of IR of a particular cell in one of the packs I guess.
But if you want to balance charge every time thats one less set of wires to connect. I just got 4S packs for simplicity.
I posted almost the exact question here. I get these very mixed view such as in this thread.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back