Max5 G2 Single Tap Braking Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
I put a max5 g2 in my xmaxx late last season and noticed I have a strange issue when trying to correct attitude in the air on big jumps by tapping the brake. I tap once and that's all I get. Even if the tires are still spinning at a good rate. The second tap does nothing.

I know I've run across posts/threads talking about a delay on take off issue and a firmware update that may fix that, but I haven't noticed any braking issue comments/posts.

I'm running a sensorless spektrum 5687/1100kv motor on it.

I had previously run a max6 (older version) with a 1800uf cap pack on it to help it out, but I hit my gearing ceiling pretty quick, 28/50. With 29/50, I lost 5mph top speed. So instead of cooking the max6, I got the max5g2 and now run 31/46 gearing. It moves really well and has plenty of take off power (had to dial it down quite a bit).

I didn't have this issue at all with my max6 in it or on any other truck I run the older max6 in.

Just thought I'd ask here so I won't get shot in the face for talking about a non-traxxas esc. I know a lot of guys run the bigger systems in the 8S trucks and was hoping someone else had the issue and possibly a solution.

Video when I had it happen a few times that I noticed it. One of the more pronounced instances was at 4:33.

Did you sort it out yet?

I have no idea but maybe because its used with a sensorless motor?
There seems to be some issues related to that.

Back