Granite Servo Granite BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capon3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Browsing the Arrma Forum and RC Groups it seems every Arrma owner suggests upgrading the stock servo. Does this go for the Granite 4X4 3S BLX? Is it worth upgrading if your stock servo is performing as it should? If it's worth upgrading what's a decent servo under $50? I saw the upgrade thread, but does that apply to the blx model? Are there newer servos since that post?

The servo that comes in the BLX is the upgraded servo... I'm running it in MEGA without any issues.

I replaced mine anyways ended up using the arrma one on my new Lunchbox kit...lol

I have the 15kg servo in all my 4x4s. They came from replacing the stock servo in the 1/8 cars. They were just sitting in a bin so they might as well be put to good use.

I have the 15kg servo in all my 4x4s. They came from replacing the stock servo in the 1/8 cars. They were just sitting in a bin so they might as well be put to good use.

^^^this.

Is this a worthy upgrade or like the other comment said just wait until it starts to go downhill since the BLX comes with an upgraded Servo?

It never hurts to have spare servos, there are so many servos available to buy. But if you want something waterproof that costs less than $50 I would look at the JX CLS-5830HV it might be a bit overkill for a 1/10 https://www.rcjuice.com/jx-servo-cl...-servo-high-speed-mega-torque-waterproof.html
That's a servo for an Outcast. Servos with too much power can do more harm than good, like strip the servo horn & warp the plastics. I learned that the hard way.
Is this a worthy upgrade or like the other comment said just wait until it starts to go downhill since the BLX comes with an upgraded Servo?
Worthy or not is subjective. But the stock servo is the same 7kg servo that was in the lightweight 2wd xls/blx models. I don't mind having 3 replacement servos for my Raider XL.

That's a servo for an Outcast. Servos with too much power can do more harm than good, like strip the servo horn & warp the plastics. I learned that the hard way.

Worthy or not is subjective. But the stock servo is the same 7kg servo that was in the lightweight 2wd xls/blx models. I don't mind having 3 replacement servos for my Raider XL.
So might be overkill was an understatement then lol

Is it worth upgrading if your stock servo is performing as it should?

If your happy with the performance of the stock servo why upgrade or change it out. Most want more though either in speed, torque or both. You might get scared into thinking your servo is a ticking time bomb not a question of if it will fail but when. Keep it stock but have a servo on standby I have a few spare servos around in case one fails.

Power HD and JX make good inexpensive servos some RTR servos are not that great they are sometimes to slow, weak or in 1/10 and smaller plastic geared. Speed is not super important to me in a MT 0.12 to 0.16 is fine with me but if your servo is weak the higher speed won't matter when turning big MT tires. Spend whatever you want for a servo like one that has replacement gear set available I'll stick with cheapies and just replace them when they fail for whatever reason. I won't go Tower Pro cheap though (ok I did but not anymore).

If your happy with the performance of the stock servo why upgrade or change it out. Most want more though either in speed, torque or both. You might get scared into thinking your servo is a ticking time bomb not a question of if it will fail but when. Keep it stock but have a servo on standby I have a few spare servos around in case one fails.

Power HD and JX make good inexpensive servos some RTR servos are not that great they are sometimes to slow, weak or in 1/10 and smaller plastic geared. Speed is not super important to me in a MT 0.12 to 0.16 is fine with me but if your servo is weak the higher speed won't matter when turning big MT tires. Spend whatever you want for a servo like one that has replacement gear set available I'll stick with cheapies and just replace them when they fail for whatever reason. I won't go Tower Pro cheap though (ok I did but not anymore).

I think I will stick with this one until it goes. But i will get a backup soon for that day.

I upgraded to HDPower 13kg (red) in my Granite 4x4 BLX, its a direct fit. Very good quality budget servo. Just put some marine greese under the hood to make it more water proof. Yes the servo even had rubber gasket and orings on the screws so it should be pretty water resistant.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back