SERVO MOUNT, ALUMINUM: EXB or GPM Aluminium Servo Mount?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matschik2023

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hallo, which Servo Mount Set would you recommend?

SERVO MOUNT, ALUMINUM: EXB (ARA320574 ) or GPM Aluminium Servo Mount (GPMAK024-R)?

Regards - Martin

Any aftermarket aluminum mount, preferably with a CF top plate.
Any servo mount will basically work, you can even make your own with a generic aluminum servo mount and some aluminum stand offs. We used to have a how too thread with all the info on what dimension standoffs you need.

-edit- looking over the parts it is just cheaper to buy any of the ones you can find on Amazon like this one https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Servo-Kraton-AR320193-AR320430/dp/B08JFZ1RT2 pretty sure I have that same one on my Kraton.

Last edited:
Can someone please explain to me why we need aluminium servo mounts? What benefits will i notice compared to stock?
Strong servos can easily “tweak” the plastic mounts under load. Even if endpoints are set correctly, you can pick up the truck, turn it on, and turn the wheels back and forth rapidly and see the mount moving and twisting to a point.
Alloy mounts just tighten everything up nicely. That and Ackerman bearings and it’s quite a transformation.

Can someone please explain to me why we need aluminium servo mounts? What benefits will i notice compared to stock?
You definitely don’t need them. Plastic mounts can bend as @Dan B. mentioned, but I’ve found that you can reduce most of the flex by simply using longer screws between chassis and mount.

Aluminum/CF is still more rigid but not by much.

You definitely don’t need them. Plastic mounts can bend as @Dan B. mentioned, but I’ve found that you can reduce most of the flex by simply using longer screws between chassis and mount.

Thanks. I've been looking for upgrades, but didn't see an advantage for that. I did exactly what you said. Longer screws.

I’d agree for off road bashers, but for road cars I don’t. The steering is so much more precise when you tighten up all tolerances from the servo to the wheels. I was just thinking about it, and I can’t remember when an aluminum servo mount wasn’t the first upgrade that every one of my 6s Arrmas got.

I’d agree for off road bashers, but for road cars I don’t. The steering is so much more precise when you tighten up all tolerances from the servo to the wheels. I was just thinking about it, and I can’t remember when an aluminum servo mount wasn’t the first upgrade that every one of my 6s Arrmas got.
One of the first mods I did to my Kraton 6s was installing a Hot Racing aluminum servo mount with a more powerful servo. The mount takes some of the slop out of the steering, especially if you have a more powerful servo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back