Big Rock Servo replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Notorious
Did some bashing with my son today and lost steering but not throttle. I’m sure the stock steering servo bit the weenie, so I’m looking to do the easiest replacement possible.

After some reading it sounds like I can do a direct replacement without any fiddling with a 6s servo from Jenny’s.

just looking to confirm this is true and here’s the servo I’m looking at
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...um-s652-digital-steering-waterproof-ara8608v5

TIA
KW

Yes, that is a 23t and should be a direct replace for the S651. I'm assuming you are replacing the S651 and not the old ADS red servo. RTR servos are hit and miss. Make sure you set the end points so you are not over extending.

Yes, that is a 23t and should be a direct replace for the S651. I'm assuming you are replacing the S651 and not the old ADS red servo. RTR servos are hit and miss. Make sure you set the end points so you are not over extending.
This is the stock servo that came with the V1 big rock. I bought this at launch a few years ago. It’s a specktrum servo, but I won’t know the model until i disassemble

edit: it’s a S651 servo per the diagram

This is the stock servo that came with the V1 big rock. I bought this at launch a few years ago. It’s a specktrum servo, but I won’t know the model until i disassemble

edit: it’s a S651 servo per the diagram
It's worth noting though the 25 tooth saver from arrma is like 7 dollars and lets you run basically any other servo you want. I really like the 9imod 25kg brushless servos for the arrma 3s.

For the price of take off's from Jenny's or Ebay they do seem to work well. @Velodromed also uses them in his 3S creations.

Servos can be frustrating though, seems like unless you spend $60+ reliability is a bit inconsistent.

For the price of take off's from Jenny's or Ebay they do seem to work well. @Velodromed also uses them in his 3S creations.

Servos can be frustrating though, seems like unless you spend $60+ reliability is a bit inconsistent.
I’m at the point in this hobby where I can only justify upgrading my k8s. Everything else can remain as is or gets repaired when broken 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back