Outcast Servo Turn Right Under Throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NotDFace

Reaction score
So, a bit of a strange one. To paint the picture, Outcast 6s EXB. After about the 3rd run the servo took a dump, and I replaced it with this (saw it recommended on another thread somewhere). In the process of replacing that I managed to grind through the ground wire on the ESC. I soldered in a new section of wiring (made sure that there were no cold welds, no exposed wiring, etc.) and heat shrinked the soldered sections, and then wrapped in electrical tape. I also replaced the brash bushings with bearings in the servo saver on both sides. After the work was complete I had good servo function and throttle function.

However, when I went to take it out for another run I had a weird experience. The throttle is more than powerful enough to turn the wheels with no real issue, and when I was testing nothing unusual happened. However, once I got it out for a run the servo turns all the way to the right after a second or so under throttle. It is not dependent upon the amount of throttle, it always turns all the way to the right. I can turn the wheel on the transmitter and the wheels will temp go back to normal, but then will turn full right again when under throttle. This is after I recalibrated the ESC asnd servo post repairs, and it is mystifying me. Anyone have any ideas?

There is a knome in there somewhere. I recall that happening to me so many years ago. I forget what the issue was. Remove the servo and install another?
I could only guess at this point. Bad servo or Rx. Other than that no clue. I always have a cheap servo testor on hand for things like this. Run it on the bench with the wheels OFF. Try to duplicate the issue this way. Check your servo wires and at the Rx plug.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back