Shock socks / covers - are they worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko R1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
I have a set of new shock socks but haven't fitted them yet - are they good to run as I'd assume would keep them clean from dust etc

I have a set of new shock socks but haven't fitted them yet - are they good to run as I'd assume would keep them clean from dust etc
I don't have personal info but I'm sure theyll keep crap out of your shocks. 🤷‍♂️
I been thinking of getting a set.

I just make shock rod rubbers out of black skinny balloons for my shocks that don’t already have them (ie. Mojave 6s shocks). Oil is clean and rods shiny on all 4 rigs many months later. I know i can buy them…but why bother when they are so easy to make for a few cents and few minutes time.

Yup .. Kraton hybrid got some Socks .... should indeed ease the rock roost damage to shock shafts.

a9.jpg

I'm sure they can help prevent dirt and mud buildup, also possibly protect springs (paint) from getting chipped by rocks..
I leave the boots on if the rig came with them, otherwise I don't bother. I have 10+ year old rc's without any shock boots or covers that still work perfectly fine. I think they're more for aesthetics than function.

Back