Outcast Shocks and cvds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new Outcast 4s? As of right now the only options are stock for the cvds and you can make 6s shocks work. I think @Velodromed is running 6s shocks on his 4s.

The new Outcast 4s? As of right now the only options are stock for the cvds and you can make 6s shocks work. I think @Velodromed is running 6s shocks on his 4s.
Yes the 4s. My bad. Appreciate the info. 6s shocks are sure to be stout enough.
I’ve seen hot racing and rcawd on eBay for them. HR is the most expensive by far.

Last edited:
I’ve seen hot racing and rcawd on eBay for them. HR is the most expensive by far.
Yep I’m running 6s shocks on my 4s scratch build. Had to get different springs though. Stock didn’t work. Everybody raves about the stock shocks though. Sounds like they’re pretty good.

So, what’s the word on best available shocks and cvds? Any help is most appreciated.
What issues are you having? I have had a V1 Kraton 4s and V1 Outcast 4s, now have a V2 of each. Had Arrma 6s shocks on both the V1s, but have stock on both the V2s. They shocks I feel are awesome. Have no desire to change them.

CVDs, the same. Had the old style on the V1s, the new style on the V2s. No issues with any of them.

I’ve recently ordered the chassis and other things from Jenny’s and am putting one together. While I’m buying parts I don’t mind spending a lil extra on better than stock. My son and I are gonna be really hard on it, but that gives us time together working on them too. We just put together a Vorteks roller for him. Gonna get this one together for me.

.CVDs, the same. Had the old style on the V1s, the new style on the V2s. No issues with any of them.
Since you have both 4s versions, will the new V2 CVDs work on the V1 hubs and arms? I know they are probably longer but perhaps they could be cut down. I’m rather hoping that they work with a V1 hubs.

Those are for the V1 4s models I don't think they are compatible with the V2. I wouldn't touch Hot Racings driveshafts even if they were free and you couldn't pay me to use RCAWD garbage, I bought an large haul of parts from them once literally everything was useless the parts that did fit were only suitable for a shelf queen.

Last edited:
Since you have both 4s versions, will the new V2 CVDs work on the V1 hubs and arms? I know they are probably longer but perhaps they could be cut down. I’m rather hoping that they work with a V1 hubs.
Yes. The V2 are longer, but the ends are the same for the axles and connections to diff output shafts. Only difference in the ends are how the pins are held in on the CVDs. Old style have the plastic shroud thing that is held in place by a grub screw. New style has the metal spring steel retainer. Steering knuckles and c-hubs are same size for V1 and V2.

Yes. The V2 are longer, but the ends are the same for the axles and connections to diff output shafts. Only difference in the ends are how the pins are held in on the CVDs. Old style have the plastic shroud thing that is held in place by a grub screw. New style has the metal spring steel retainer. Steering knuckles and c-hubs are same size for V1 and V2.
Good to know. I still would avoid the Hot Racing and RCAWD axles.

Agreed. The HR axles you also have to get the HR style output shafts for the diffs.
Not to mention they are stupid expensive and there aren't any replacement parts available.

Not to mention they are stupid expensive and there aren't any replacement parts available.
You know, I had diff problems with both my V1s, so much I sold them. Was not the main and input gears, but the internal gears and the little bearing between the output shafts. Same issues with both V1s. I don't know if the new V2 diffs have updated internal parts, but they have been perfect so far for many more packs than the V1s would have made it through.
And I have more power in the V2s even. Both my V1s had a Mamba Monster 2400kv. V2s both have MMX 2200kv. So happy have had no issues, and not seen others having any diff issues either.

I’ve castle creations motors for many years. Have an old 4600 that still pushes our lil Evader on 3s like it was built to do. I definitely believe in them, but I don’t have anything newer from them besides two old sidewinder 3s. I put a hobby wing max10sct in my kids Vorteks. Pushes the hell out of the 3674 I stuffed in there. I’m guessing castle is still king. Would you get a different kv combo than what you have?
You know, I had diff problems with both my V1s, so much I sold them. Was not the main and input gears, but the internal gears and the little bearing between the output shafts. Same issues with both V1s. I don't know if the new V2 diffs have updated internal parts, but they have been perfect so far for many more packs than the V1s would have made it through.
And I have more power in the V2s even. Both my V1s had a Mamba Monster 2400kv. V2s both have MMX 2200kv. So happy have had no issues, and not seen others having any diff issues either.
I’ve castle creations motors for many years. Have an old 4600 that still pushes our lil Evader on 3s like it was built to do. I definitely believe in them, but I don’t have anything newer from them besides two old sidewinder 3s. I put a hobby wing max10sct in my kids Vorteks. Pushes the hell out of the 3674 I stuffed in there. I’m guessing castle is still king. Would you get a different kv combo than what you have?
Those are for the V1 4s models I don't think they are compatible with the V2. I wouldn't touch Hot Racings driveshafts even if they were free and you couldn't pay me to use RCAWD garbage, I bought an large haul of parts from them once literally everything was useless the parts that did fit were only suitable for a shelf queen.
Thanks for that bud. Probably saved me some money.

Last edited:
Thank you!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back