Show your fav wheel/tire combo for 1/8 truck or truggy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20220727_182402.jpg

@SrC convinced me to try duratrax x-con truggy tires a while back and they’re fantastic. Perfect middle-ground between race tire and bash tire. I have a couple sets now.

My only complaint is that I wish black rims were an option.
Yep. Have them in a 4s rig and my Kraton Jr (SWB Kraton).
They’re that good? What do you like about them?

Last edited:
@SrC convinced me to try duratrax x-con truggy tires a while back and they’re fantastic. Perfect middle-ground between race tire and bash tire. I have a couple sets now.

My only complaint is that I wish black rims were an option.
You can always unmount the tires and dye them black.

Dang that all looks better than I’d expect. Thanks for sharing the pics. I also hate the traxxas gray!
I need to do it to my Ecx gray parts which are a slightly lighter grey than Traxxas gray.

You can always unmount the tires and dye them black.

Yeah white wheels can be a put off to many. I generally don't care personally speaking. And white wheels afford higher visiblity for me.(y)
PL sells wheels ( zero offset) and Truggy Track pin tires separately. If you like Yellow wheels better, PL has had them also if it grabs you better. But you can dye the wheels before gluing them up. A better option.
Removing the tires is always a liability, damaging the tires and possibly the foams. All just to dye the wheels?
Been there. Trust me.
Removing old worn tires and foams to save the wheel for a new set of tires is the more common reason to unmount a wheel and glued on tire.

Last edited:
I have only ever unmounted if i had a good set of tires on wheels that had stripped hexes. I used the drawn-out process of putting them on a stand in a container with a small amount of acentone on the bottom to let the fumes do the work. It works surprisingly well without damaging anything

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back