Best Tires for Kraton 8S 1/5.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're holding up well I take it? How many packs have you run on them?
I'm always looking for tires.. not that stock CH are bad, just not something I'd buy as new replacements. I like to run my rigs on a track, which is hardpacked clay, so aggressive knobbies don't really work very well. The Methods look promising.

what about the 8s backflips are they as good as the 6s and 4s backflips :unsure:

They're holding up well I take it? How many packs have you run on them?
I'm always looking for tires.. not that stock CH are bad, just not something I'd buy as new replacements. I like to run my rigs on a track, which is hardpacked clay, so aggressive knobbies don't really work very well. The Methods look promising.
I've run 15 packs on them with no issues so far. I have not had to reglue any of them. They are belted so no ballooning. The truck just drives so much better with them.

what about the 8s backflips are they as good as the 6s and 4s backflips :unsure:
I'd say so. I have a set of the 8s BF SB that have been great. There are now 2 versions of each Arrma 8s tire. Copperheads (Kraton) and Backflips (Outcast). SB and BB. With the BB being slightly taller and bigger knobbies..
I have traditionally seen almost all the popular YT guys use the 8s BF on all their 8s rigs.
I think the biggest drawback to the SB BF tires is they're pretty lightweight, which means air control isn't the best. Or, not the best for flipping at least.
I like lightweight tires for better ground handling, but I'm sort of in the minority in that I don't do alot of stunting.

I've run 15 packs on them with no issues so far. I have not had to reglue any of them. They are belted so no ballooning. The truck just drives so much better with them.
Thanks, they are on my wish list.👍😁

I agree about the Methods. They may be the best all-around 8S tire. Belted. Good balance of grip and slip.

Last edited:
Back