Typhon Shredded motor wire…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmoney

Reaction score
Had my Typhon out yesterday and I guess an esc to motor wire came unplugged and got shredded in the center diff.
The attached picture is how it looked initially.
I attempted to remedy it by twisting the strands back together and then running a load of solder into the area for conduction.
A quick test drive after this showed that there was a weird grinding noise present when on power, and I didn’t think it was the diffs, because the car was perfectly smooth before.
Even though I ‘repaired’ this section, could it be the case that the solder added extra electrical resistance and has made the FETS out of sync with the motor?
Is my best bet to somehow buy a length of wire for the esc to motor?
Thanks.

547F8D56-01F0-48EE-8B35-402E73F53A41.jpeg

I think it should work fine regardless of the extra bit of resistance.

So something else probably needs attention. You could have a dead motor or esc, but bopefully it's not that.

I think it should work fine regardless of the extra bit of resistance.

So something else probably needs attention. You could have a dead motor or esc, but bopefully it's not that.
Maybe it’s pinion/spur mesh? It seems to possibly have shifted in the grinding of the motor wire, seems to be kind of tight now

Chop it off and make an extension wire with plugs IMO.

Fyi, I like to drill a hole through the top of the wire holder and put a piece of wire or a zip tie through it. That way this can’t happen again.
EB21AB23-D2BC-4AB3-97AD-F3F5E9646A28.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back