Kraton Servo wire routing question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruceRC

Maestro
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I'm installing a new servo mount and I think I have everything figured out except how to remove the servo because it seems the wiring is routed on the underside of the ESC mount? Is there something holding it? I've read of a wire loom. Can I get this wire out without removing ESC/mount?
the blue circles show where the wire enters beneath the ESC and comes out. Thanks guys!

1000002140.jpg

Man I hate that little hook thingy Arrma uses on the underside of the ESC mount to run the servo wire. Once you get the new servo in just run the wire with the path/route of least resistance. You don't have to go under the ESC again.

Man I hate that little hook thingy Arrma uses on the underside of the ESC mount to run the servo wire.
I just wish I could see the underside of the ESC plate. I have loosened the plate and might be able to wiggle the wires out but can't tell how to move them. It's definitely fishing.

I just wish I could see the underside of the ESC plate. I have loosened the plate and might be able to wiggle the wires out but can't tell how to move them. It's definitely fishing.
I messed with it for a long while before giving up and pulling it, just give up and pull the plate out :(

Nice! Got the EXB one! Cool. That's the one aggravating part of the 6s chassis, that & the ackerman step pins & bushings.

That's the one aggravating part of the 6s chassis, that & the ackerman step pins & bushings.
Thankfully most of the 6s vehicles have the same servo mount, so once you've replaced a servo or bushings on one vehicle, replacing them on other 6s vehicles is easier.

That's the one aggravating part of the 6s chassis, that & the ackerman step pins & bushings.
Can you expand on this a bit? Are the step pins those two bolts that go into the bushings on the Steering rack? I ask because, as we discussed, I'll be installing a new one soon. Anything I should be prepared for? Are they difficult to get out? Other than the bushings, are there any washers involved with these two bolts? I've taken apart that top deck assembly a few times already so I'm not worried about that too much.

Yes, the step pins are the little hex head bolts that are in the ackerman plate holding into the bellcrank. Just a bit aggravating to get the stock setup all back together with the washer, bushing, & pin all lined up & get back into the bellcrank all just right & lined up. Don't over tighten the stock step pins. They will snap. Too loose & it's too much play. The stock step pins have such a small low head it's just a pain to hold on to. A aftermarket setup may not have such a problem & go together easily. Just don't over tighten, it'll lock down. After I've done it a few times, it got easier & having better hand tools.

Last edited:
Back