Felony Silly handling/driving question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Otherside

Huh?
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
I'm interested in getting a Felony so I van slap on a Viper body (dream car).

How can you set it up to drive without doing doughnuts every second?

Is that like, a thing? Just better tires? Just throttle control?

If not, then I think I'll pass on the car.

Keep the center diff oil thin.
Buy soft GRP tires.
Drive it on 4S.

That should make donuts a thing of the past.

Sorry @dure16 I didn't know you had one
I don't! They all operate off the same principles though. If you send too much power to the rear wheels, you will either get wheelies or donuts, depending on the car.

Heavy diff oil fluid up front, thinner than stock in the center, and thin for the rear diff.

I don't have those types of RC's (on-road ones) but I know it works to prevent fishtail-ing for my K6.

Hope the advice helps...

I had a Felony, but the tire offset and diffs difference between f/r just was a doughnut machine for me and some here. Not all, so do not let me be the hater. read up and get your feel... no matter how I changed the diffs and tires, that damn rear end just kept coming around... 🤷‍♂️

I wish you better and that you find my post all wrong with your experience.

Hope the advice helps...

I had a Felony, but the tire offset and diffs difference between f/r just was a doughnut machine for me and some here. Not all, so do not let me be the hater. read up and get your feel... no matter how I changed the diffs and tires, that damn rear end just kept coming around... 🤷‍♂️

I wish you better and that you find my post all wrong with your experience.
Thanks man! And thanks everyone! I'll hold off for now.

The proline toyo proxxes tires pretty much eliminate any rear end fun you could think of. You can totally make an infraction or limitless look decent with a felony body though.

Okay, here's a formula to try: 50/50 mix of million with 500k up front, 80k center, and 30k rear. Sounds extreme, but I guarantee you the rear end won't flit around like a $2 street walker. If I could afford another RC, I'd definitely go for it and try that. As it is, I put those weight fluids in my newest Senton 6s build from Typhon parts. I do NOT like my RC's @$$ ends doing the cha cha. For a road car, I would also like it to stick to the concrete for slalom cornering. No donuts. No burnouts. So what if the turning circle is a little wider at speed. Worth it. I'd get an Infraction to have the same size wheels/tires all around, then put a car body on, whether the Felony's, or Delta Plastics.

Interesting point. Have you also driven an Infraction for comparison?
Yes Sir!

The Infraction 6S v1 was my first RC in 2020 and my introduction to this fam. When the Felony came out a year or so later, I got it. I liked the body, although it was a love/hate with some of the body styles.

It may be part of my issue: the Infraction is/was so well-balanced and predictable that all I did and tried with the Felony was a no-go. I was not about to change out the diffs as some did with the Felony.

To be fair...I bash my Infraction like a fool... full power, wide lot, 7-minute battery done LVC, and tires are good for one more bash once I rotate them. Doing the same behavior or my drift and bash style with the Felony I could not get the rear to behave. YT videos I see those not wilding out with the Felony it does just fine or speed runs. However, the way I like the whip the Infraction and hold a corner or turn around a parking lot island on open throttle, etc just did not work for "me" with the Felony. Sure it does for others.

Do I miss it, YES! Only for the look

Just a memory now
1711502238533.png

Yes Sir!

The Infraction 6S v1 was my first RC in 2020 and my introduction to this fam. When the Felony came out a year or so later, I got it. I liked the body, although it was a love/hate with some of the body styles.

It may be part of my issue: the Infraction is/was so well-balanced and predictable that all I did and tried with the Felony was a no-go. I was not about to change out the diffs as some did with the Felony.

To be fair...I bash my Infraction like a fool... full power, wide lot, 7-minute battery done LVC, and tires are good for one more bash once I rotate them. Doing the same behavior or my drift and bash style with the Felony I could not get the rear to behave. YT videos I see those not wilding out with the Felony it does just fine or speed runs. However, the way I like the whip the Infraction and hold a corner or turn around a parking lot island on open throttle, etc just did not work for "me" with the Felony. Sure it does for others.

Do I miss it, YES! Only for the look

Just a memory now
View attachment 357147
Good insight, thanks. I hadn't considered that the Felony drivetrain causes stability issues. I wonder what the root cause would be - maybe due to the fact that the gear correction doesn't accurately account for the difference in tire size. It's close but no cigar.

That means the front and rear tires will always be trying to travel at difference speeds, so I guess the handling issue is not that surprising.

I only have experience with infraction and limitless, and they both drive like a dream.

Last edited:
Good insight, thanks. I hadn't considered that the Felony drivetrain causes stability issues. I wonder why that root cause would be - maybe due to the fact that the gear correction doesn't accurately account for the difference in tire size. It's close but no cigar.

That means the front and rear tires will always be trying to travel at difference speeds, so I guess the handling issue is not that surprising.

I only have experience with infraction and limitless, and they both drive like a dream.
You hit it!

Back