Mojave Skid Plate/Skid Plate Mount Failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I had an issue with the skid plate and the skid plate mount yesterday.

20200527_115623.jpg

This is something you might want to keep an eye on. This is what lead to the issue. There is a skid plate mount that fits over the usual pin mount found on the 6S trucks. It's screws right into where the screws normally go on that rear pin retainer and then into the diff bulkhead. Well those two screws pulled through.
20200527_120112.jpg

20200527_120447.jpg

The pin retainer stayed in place but the skid plate mount came off. At that point the entire read of the skid plate was not attached to the truck. This in turn led to the top two screws in the skid plate to be pulled through.

The skid plate mount comes in a set.
Screenshot_20200527-130237_Chrome.jpg

Unfortunately people tend to break the spring part of the set and it's really hard to find this in stock. I haven't looked to see if I can get the actual skid plate yet. Luckily I had a full bumper from a kit breaker and the mount from HH (order it back in March).

Anyway, it's something to keep an eye on. If the skid plate mount breaks off, it's only a matter of time before the rest of the skid gets trashed.

Ohh yikes. Thanks for the heads up
I want doing anything crazy when it happened but that's not to say I didn't damage the skid plate mount on a previous bash.

I want doing anything crazy when it happened but that's not to say I didn't damage the skid plate mount on a previous bash.
Mine are wearing out on the rear for sure. I just replaced the pin retainers a week ago, but the skids are wearing out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back