Kraton Skipping gears and how to find the one thats skipping help plz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don mercier

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Ever since i bought my kraton ive had this problem. If i eas inti the throttle get it going and then punch it. NP.. but from a dead stop it i punch it i hear teeth skipping. Ive pulled all the diffs apart and cant find not broken teeth and they are shimed as much as i can fit in them without having it lock up. How can i norrow out what diff it is?

You might need to tear down all the diffs and check the inner gears for any wear or breakage.

Mine was not inside the diffs, it was the big pinion gear, on the rear of mine that had two teeth stripped...

The input gear was fine but I replaced it anyways.

You could try pulling the front or rear driveshaft ( run it it front wheel drive only or vice versa) to narrow down what diff to open for inspection.

Try to punch it with wheels of the ground..
Does it still do it like that?

In that case its more easy to have a listen to from wich diff it comes from..

You might need to tear down all the diffs and check the inner gears for any wear or breakage.
I did that... pulled out all the gears. And changed the oil. The only thing that i noticed is that the shims had some slight scoring on the inner side of internal gears
Try to punch it with wheels of the ground..
Does it still do it like that?

In that case its more easy to have a listen to from wich diff it comes from..
It only dose it when on the ground. And only when i have have my trenchers on. It don't do it with the backflips

If it is happening on just hard launches my guess is rear. That's where all the weight gets transferred and it gets the most traction. When it's the front diff, it usually skips on hard braking due to the same principle.

My Outcast 6S (7 months old) is doing this very thing! I haven’t checked to see which dif it may be. I just inspected the pinion, Spur, motor set up. Everything looks great, except where I see some shiny metal on both gears. I did not see any broken teeth, as both gears are in good condition. Even with that said, I’m sure it is missing gears. You can hear them grinding while attempting to run the truck.
Does it all the time.
I have filed a warranty claim. Waiting now. Bloody slow process.

A pic showing Pinion and Spur.
I see ‘shiny’ areas on both gears, but I don’t believe these two gears are the only culprits. I definitely hear gears grinding, or sometimes referred to as the gears are skipping. No broken teeth on either gear.
I don’t comprehend the skipping of gears, because it sure looks to me like these two gears are well aligned, and are meshed well.

I think my next test will be the removal of either the front center driveshaft or the rear, then vice versa. As I have read this thread, I would greatly appreciate any other advice/direction that could be given.

Thanks

3EF04C65-3C2B-4CC6-9017-DAADB0CC3940.jpeg

A pic showing Pinion and Spur.
I see ‘shiny’ areas on both gears, but I don’t believe these two gears are the only culprits. I definitely hear gears grinding, or sometimes referred to as the gears are skipping. No broken teeth on either gear.
I don’t comprehend the skipping of gears, because it sure looks to me like these two gears are well aligned, and are meshed well.

I think my next test will be the removal of either the front center driveshaft or the rear, then vice versa. As I have read this thread, I would greatly appreciate any other advice/direction that could be given.

Thanks

View attachment 247255
Is it possible that your diff case is broken? It's looking a little rough.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back