SMC Batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgive me, but...what AFTER those limits have been pushed? What is the end goal? Is it not about an end goal at all? Is it simply just for the experience of the pursuit, akin to mine of simply running a senton across the yard? I pick minds sometimes to understand motivations. I pick my own, even. Like, why am I asking this? 😅 My only answer to that is...for the EXPERIENCE of finding out! Maybe it's the same with you.

I don't want to offend anyone. That is definitely not my goal.

It is a process. When I started running the Arrma Limitless on 2s (7.4v) no one had done it yet. I started in the mid 70-80mph range. I didnt know what the limits were as it was treading new ground.

Through the process you are tracking data in your castle data logs and pushing the car harder and harder. Tuning various things to keep the car driving between the ditches and getting new personal records. I track lots of data in excel spread sheets so I know what is occurring and when the system is still healthy or getting over stressed and has reached its limits.

There is a big adrenaline rush in speed running which pushes you to keep going. It is also competitive on a global level if you are posting on YouTube. I have made friends all over the world doing this.

I made some custom parts along the way and even a full custom car that I designed in CAD. It still needs work and I am also waiting on the tire technology to get better because current tires explode randomly at speeds over 170 mph. This car is made for 200+ speeds.

Lots of time and energy went into this one and I enjoy making things...

top quarter Capture.JPG

top view.PNG

Finished.PNG

It is a process. When I started running the Arrma Limitless on 2s (7.4v) no one had done it yet. I started in the mid 70-80mph range. I didnt know what the limits were as it was treading new ground.

Through the process you are tracking data in your castle data logs and pushing the car harder and harder. Tuning various things to keep the car driving between the ditches and getting new personal records. I track lots of data in excel spread sheets so I know what is occurring and when the system is still healthy or getting over stressed and has reached its limits.

There is a big adrenaline rush in speed running which pushes you to keep going. It is also competitive on a global level if you are posting on YouTube. I have made friends all over the world doing this.

I made some custom parts along the way and even a full custom car that I designed in CAD. It still needs work and I am also waiting on the tire technology to get better because current tires explode randomly at speeds over 170 mph. This car is made for 200+ speeds.

Lots of time and energy went into this one and I enjoy making things...

View attachment 368152

View attachment 368153

View attachment 368160
I see. That looks like the 1:1 speed runners on the Utah salt flats. Very cool. I couldn't even begin to build that. Holy crap, it's even belt driven 😮. You guys are smart. I don't know how you do it.

Edit - it looks more advanced than what Raz runs. I imagine you'd have to be surpassing him.

I see. That looks like the 1:1 speed runners on the Utah salt flats. Very cool. I couldn't even begin to build that. Holy crap, it's even belt driven 😮. You guys are smart. I don't know how you do it.

Thanks man, it was a lot of research and learning to get to this point. This started as a hobby to distract me because I couldn't afford a real sports car project and real cars are what I love. I should have just stuck with sports cars LOL

This started as a hobby to distract me because I couldn't afford a real sports car project and real cars are what I love. I should have just stuck with sports cars LOL
Nah, it's all good. This wasn't a mistake. Even if it's as expensive, at least RC is size manageable! Stick with it. The belt driven monster looks like it has more potential. I think ones like Raz may not have fully realized the limitations of the traditional driveshaft layout. But, I haven't checked on his content in a while. Alright, man, well thanks for being patient with me. Carry on.

Nah, it's all good. This wasn't a mistake. Even if it's as expensive, at least RC is size manageable! Stick with it. The belt driven monster looks like it has more potential. I think ones like Raz may not have fully realized the limitations of the traditional driveshaft layout. But, I haven't checked on his content in a while. Alright, man, well thanks for being patient with me. Carry on.
If you had seen Raz running carbon fiber bodies. I made those :)
Sadly he didn't take my advice on how to set them up correctly and removed the front lip/splitter I built in for front downforce.... So it blew over when he ran it :rolleyes:

3Capture.JPG

Thanks man, it was a lot of research and learning to get to this point. This started as a hobby to distract me because I couldn't afford a real sports car project and real cars are what I love. I should have just stuck with sports cars LOL
Yes and no..crash ur speed runner rc on Sunday and most likely you can still go to work on Monday.. 1:1 aren't as forgiving, LOL.
And when you got mouths to feed, well, you know.👍🍻

Yes and no..crash ur speed runner rc on Sunday and most likely you can still go to work on Monday.. 1:1 aren't as forgiving, LOL.
And when you got mouths to feed, well, you know.👍🍻
All in all it has been great.
I didnt know how to make molds and do anything with fiberglass or carbon fiber before I started RC cars.
Now I can take all this knowledge and apply it. I plan to get a 1:1 car and sculpt my own body shape for it and make the full body out of carbon fiber ;)

Ummmm…. Like @Shadows said…. I could NEVER do anything close to this, let alone come up with a concept and actually build it from scratch. I mean what in the actual F? WTF!?!?! I mean I’m good at math and I can engineer 500 psig natural gas pipelines and run a 30” line at 100 lbs to a GM facility and all there is to know about how natural gas works in every capacity. That’s because they fkin taught it to me as I got more and more on the job knowledge. But I’ve never done the actual work. Anyone can learn that. But you guys are incredibly talented. I’ve never even changed anything on my rigs. No diffs. No shocks. Nothing. I’m about to though. I’m speechless

Ummmm…. Like @Shadows said…. I could NEVER do anything close to this, let alone come up with a concept and actually build it from scratch. I mean what in the actual F? WTF!?!?! I mean I’m good at math and I can engineer 500 psig natural gas pipelines and run a 30” line at 100 lbs to a GM facility and all there is to know about how natural gas works in every capacity. That’s because they fkin taught it to me as I got more and more on the job knowledge. But I’ve never done the actual work. Anyone can learn that. But you guys are incredibly talented. I’ve never even changed anything on my rigs. No diffs. No shocks. Nothing. I’m about to though. I’m speechless

Trust me none of this is as hard as you might think. Just take it one small step at a time. It seems overwhelming when you look at the total project.
I usually do my projects over the course of a year and only work on it for 30 mins at a time.

The biggest thing you can learn about LiPos is that the C rating is bogus. The 70c CNHLs are more powerful than the 120c
You got taken advantage of by sneaky advertising.

Look for real test results like I posted above to know with confidence which LiPos to buy.

That would be the other fun thing about the LiPo industry. At one time the Turnigy LiPos were said to be the same cells as CNHL G+70c and likely the premium selected best cells. Then about a year or 2 ago they stopped being so good and people could tell in their testing. Not sure what they are today, but I just stick with the test results from the above posted link in post #10. I have the #1 lipo they tested the HCL-HV 5900 and it performs very strong!

This was a 3 LiPo test I did and you can see the difference between a basher Gens Lipo, CNHL G+70c, and Onyx LHB.
No other changes to this boat and the differences are big!

Congrats on your pb, that's a good video for "you get what you pay for". Subbed to your channel.

I've been running SMC (as well as other brands) packs for approx 10 years (maybe a lil less), and I can confirm the are extremely good. Not going to say they are "the best"...but, I'd easily put them in the top 10%, and possibly in the top 5%. I just ordered two more (4S w/ QS8 connectors) less than a week ago, and they should be out for delivery on Monday/Tuesday (since I can't remember if UPS delivers on holidays).

In regards to them being "out of stock", it has happened on a somewhat regular basis in the past, but usually only on popular packs (most notably the 2S race & drag packs, and certain capacities of 3S & 4S packs). As for any so many packs are currently "our of stock", the reason is very-clearly stated in the home page. If you're not willing to wait for restock, your next best option is CNHL (except, obviously, for whatever is "out of stock" with them...which, I'm willing to beat, would be the and packs that SMC tenders to regulator be "out of stock" on).

If you're just looking for packs for general 'bashing', check out PowerHobby...they're not as good as SMC or CNHL, but they do cost less, and they almost-always have reasonable stock on hand.

Ok. I finally scored. Cheap too. Waiting for my 8600 mAH email that they are available. I’m hoping to increase my speed in my Sonic Wake 2 of em.

IMG_4625.png

Back