So I didn't totally rush it this time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterG

Bench Basher
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Senton Mega
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon 3s
  9. Typhon Mega
  10. Vendetta
  11. Vorteks
  12. Infraction 4x4
Here's my 2nd airbrush attempt a 72 Chevy C10 I just did up today for my Tmaxx 3.3. Being my own worst critic, I would like to have had the lines be a little more crisp. In my defense I was using regular old blue painters tape that most hardware aisles will have. I could have used a little more patience as usual too, but I thought I'd share with you guys.

20230202_134811.jpg

20230202_134840.jpg

20230202_150004.jpg

20230202_180235.jpg

Feedback is greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Here's my 2nd airbrush attempt a 72 Chevy C10 I just did up today for my Tmaxx 3.3. Being my own worst critic, I would like to have had the lines be a little more crisp. In my defense I was using regular old blue painters tape that most hardware aisles will have. I could have used a little more patience as usual too, but I thought I'd share with you guys.

View attachment 275101

View attachment 275102

View attachment 275103

View attachment 275104
Feedback is greatly appreciated
Frog tape works great. Looks good man!

Last edited:
Looks awesome man! Great job!! (y)

Very nice! Always wanted to try out the air brush.

Only ever tried the rattle cans from the Hobbyshop.

Last edited:
A better alternative to tape is liquid mask.

Rumor has it that that's the best thing going. I wonder if a siphon airbrush will work ok for it. Probably find out for myself soon enough 🤣

Rumor has it that that's the best thing going. I wonder if a siphon airbrush will work ok for it. Probably find out for myself soon enough 🤣
The key to shooting liquid mask is to use a big nozzle ..has to be at least a 1mm nozzle or larger. It’s too thick to shoot through a normal airbrush and you never want to thin liquid mask ..shoot it as it comes out of the bottle

I myself use a cheap 15$ eBay hvlp gun with a 1.7mm nozzle to shoot liquid mask
But when I shoot liquid mask I do at least 10 bodies at a time so I don’t waste my time with light coats ..I do 1 heavy coat and that’s it

C8A0E0BE-85DF-4593-B4D8-85D386A8B82E.jpeg

AEDABE16-8AB2-42C0-8E12-3414900A50EB.jpeg

The key to shooting liquid mask is to use a big nozzle ..has to be at least a 1mm nozzle or larger. It’s too thick to shoot through a normal airbrush and you never want to thin liquid mask ..shoot it as it comes out of the bottle

I myself use a cheap 15$ eBay hvlp gun with a 1.7mm nozzle to shoot liquid mask
But when I shoot liquid mask I do at least 10 bodies at a time so I don’t waste my time with light coats ..I do 1 heavy coat and that’s it

View attachment 275234

View attachment 275235

Good to know. I'll be looking at options for a 1mm or larger nozzle brush soon. I might have a .7 for the siphon brush I have. I'll try that first if I do.

Good to know. I'll be looking at options for a 1mm or larger nozzle brush soon. I might have a .7 for the siphon brush I have. I'll try that first if I do.
The .7mm might work but it just doesn’t spray very thick so it’s just a matter of patience usually

If that doesn’t work you can get any cheap hvlp gun ..that’s all I use and I’ve done probably 300-400 bodies in liquid mask at this point

I’m a very good customer of bitty designs lol..I think I’ve gone through like 30-40 bottles of liquid mask in the past year or so

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back