Repainted body time to dry....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

332_RC

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Infraction 4x4
I repainted a body that was very thin in color. Almost see thru it. I didn't paint it, came w/ a roller slider. It is blue with white backer, all very thin. I went over with metallic blue, removed window masks, threw black on windows, then silver backer. I waited 25-30 minutes between coats & brought inside to dry during that time, it was 62° here. How long would it take to dry? Overnight? Before I remove outer masking tape?

Would definitely overnight it, I've already gotten excited once before and pulled paint with the tape for you (Do not recommend 😬). Do your self a favor and wait for the crispy lines the next day👌😁🤙

I repainted a body that was very thin in color. Almost see thru it. I didn't paint it, came w/ a roller slider. It is blue with white backer, all very thin. I went over with metallic blue, removed window masks, threw black on windows, then silver backer. I waited 25-30 minutes between coats & brought inside to dry during that time, it was 62° here. How long would it take to dry? Overnight? Before I remove outer masking tape?
If you don't already have one ,I recommend getting a hair dryer or a heat gun and dry the coats fast and move on to next coat..you can drop three coats with in 1/2 hour finished..air dry comes with one other issue people don't realize that while your paint is drying its also collecting bad air particles like dust or lint .so quick drying your not only cutting time but you are also minimizing particles that will show up in your final product.😁👍

If you don't already have one ,I recommend getting a hair dryer or a heat gun and dry the coats fast and move on to next coat..you can drop three coats with in 1/2 hour finished..air dry comes with one other issue people don't realize that while your paint is drying its also collecting bad air particles like dust or lint .so quick drying your not only cutting time but you are also minimizing particles that will show up in your final product.😁👍
I do have a hair dryer. I didn't think of that. Thanks! It's pretty much dry now. I did remove the outer tape & it looks good. Little deeper blue. Little heavier too w 3 coats.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back