So where are these magical gaskets?!!! Found NVM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crewchief227

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Just took the center diff out, and just like the rear diff, THERE IS NO GASKET!!! ?
20190621_093250.jpg

Seriously, look at the pics, also at least this one is full, the rear had less than a third of this one. I have just enough 100k left for this one, but I'm screwed for the front & rear. What is the best way to have Arrma fix this?

The gasket is on the top of the diff cup. Use a small flathead screwdriver and carefully pry it up

The gasket is on the top of the diff cup. Use a small flathead screwdriver and carefully pry it up
Never mind found it as soon as I started pulling the cross pins, man I feel dumb, the traxxas ones are blue. My bad, is the stock fluid supposed to be silver like that, has a metallic sheen?

Yeah the color is normal and gets darker the longer you run it.

When you reassemble make sure to try and compress the gasket evenly by tightening in a crisscross pattern a few times slowly snugging all 4 screws down equally but not to the point where you think it may start stripping the threads. After final diff assembly I also like to orient the diff with the small grub screw in the bottom of the cup facing straight up and back it out to relieve any internal pressure that may have built up. Just wipe away any fluid that wants to bubble out and reinstall the grub screw.

Last edited:
I was going to say ? If there was no gasket you would have had fluid all over the outside and none on the inside (some have had it leak even with the gasket). I'm glad you figured it out.

Also, fluid goes in clear. After use it turns a metallic gray/black and will be noticeable thinner.

P.S. You might want to edit the title of your post.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back