Do better 29mm Diff Gaskets exist?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCSid

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
Just getting ready to build some spare 29mm diffs for my K6S. The Arrma gaskets are seemingly thin and wondering if there is a 'go to' gasket from another vendor that people have used successfully (ie Tekno?)

If they were a few thousandths thicker it would be nice. It would give a slightly better cushion for properly shimming the thrust on the diffs while still properly torquing the screws in an aluminum diff housing. Look ma, no more leaks…

If they were a few thousandths thicker it would be nice. It would give a slightly better cushion for properly shimming the thrust on the diffs while still properly torquing the screws in an aluminum diff housing. Look ma, no more leaks…
yeah. I just figured by now, someone has figured out that Tekno or Magen Seiko etc makes a better oem one if available. Maybe going to take a ride to my LHS tomorrow and ask him to pull a bunch to compare.

Need to 3D print these too..?
Haha

Dude, thanks for that! I didn’t know they existed for the 29mm diffs and they do *look* thicker. I’ll try some out!
I don’t have any stock EXB gaskets anymore, but I just measured the stock 31mm at 0.53mm vs 0.74 for the 31mm Tekjo. The 29mm Tekjo is also 0.74mm.

image.jpg

I don’t have any stock EXB gaskets anymore, but I just measured the stock 31mm at 0.53mm vs 0.74 for the 31mm Tekjo. The 29mm Tekjo is also 0.74mm.

View attachment 355401
Thanks man! If the EXB gaskets are similar in their differences then that would be just about perfect. I have only ever had the issue of not being able to set proper end thrust in the internal sun gears with the EXB limited slip diffs. I find them to be a frustrating PITA to set up well. And that’s for both LSD and open configurations. There is never nearly enough room to properly shim them if you torque the caps on so they won’t weep. If you do, they tend to lock up. At least in the ones I’ve done, but maybe I’m just unlucky?

There is never nearly enough room to properly shim them if you torque the caps on so they won’t weep. If you do, they tend to lock up. At least in the ones I’ve done, but maybe I’m just unlucky?
Same here😄. Sounds like you also need Tekjo gaskets😉.

Local guy named Tekjo sells them on eBay. Quality stuff and reasonably priced as always.

Back