Kraton Some things to consider with the m2c beefcake kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calebgilmore

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Senton 6s
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
  11. Vorteks
  12. Voltage
I had someone ask me to build them a k6 exb with the m2c beefcake kit and a bunch of other aluminum upgrades and i'm just about done with it now. Some things i didn't really know coming from the v4 era of builds that i learned and will pass on here-
The beefcake kit for the v5 kraton comes with a standard front lower front hinge pin block. You need part number 3596 for the super bash bumper that comes on the exb
Also it should be noted you can't run the standard hinge pins from the set. Actually i don't know which ones should have been standard but i'm assuming it's the ones with nuts on both sides outside the blocks. The kit actually came with a set of those and a set that would fit inside of say a normal stock block set or any with the ends closed. What you actually need are part number 3510 or the m3 screw that attaches at the back of the bumper will not have room to fit a nut on top of the chassis.
The plan was to still run a tower to tower brace with this build and a basherqueen carbon fiber brace was bought along with the aluminum jbi rear t2t brace and hot racing front one so even though the kit came with the m2c rear shock tower brace he won't be using it on this build.
My guy was also wanting to run aluminum hr hubs so the delrin inserts and hub screws from the kit won't be used on this setup either. Not sure how the hot racing inserts are held into the threaded part but i didn't push trying to get one out to put the m2c ones in.
The kit was advertised to come with one diff pinion cup and i was going to put it on the rear til i found out it wasn't actually in this package at all. There was also a spare set of pistons and o rings included along with the hinge pins so i guess he came out ahead on parts he can use on another build in the end. It might have been a little more helpful to know the beefcake kit doesn't necessarily work with an exb if you want to run the basher bumper and a center brace. Just wanting to forward this info to you guys in case you are thinking of buying the setup for your truck. It may be better to purchase the parts individually and pay attention to your hinge pins/blocks needed.
Here’s a few pictures of what I’m talking about and the parts left over

IMG_6318.png

IMG_6319.png

IMG_6326.jpeg

IMG_6390.jpeg

IMG_6396.png

IMG_6461.jpeg

IMG_6460.jpeg

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_6390.jpeg
    IMG_6390.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 40
I took the time to add up all the parts I wanted for my build first, then compared it to the kit price. I saved a lot of money by piecing it out and got the build I wanted. There are a lot of redundant parts in the kit and you pay for them all.

With my front hinge pin system I had to run it without the plastic washers to get things to fit, so feel for you.

20230326_104811.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back