Talion Spectrum motor repair or not needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a spectrum 2050kv spare motor and in shipping the plastic wire guard on motor broke. Do they sell replacements or does it matter?
Hello and Welcome!

I'm not sure if that can be replaced, but someone else may know. I would take a large piece of shrink wrap and wrap it around it. I've done that before. In my case, I wanted the wires to be bundled closer together. It also covered the part placed on the motor.

Check Hobby wings website. Can you glue it back together. On my hw 2600kv motor the same thing broke and I was able to use crazy glue and baking soda and still holding.

I used a old buggy tire and wrapped it. Should be fine. Company gave me half back in a refund to compensate. I'm sure it'll be fine

17152796739506729974957679888593.jpg

I used a old buggy tire and wrapped it. Should be fine. Company gave me half back in a refund to compensate. I'm sure it'll be fine

View attachment 365522
Are the wires protected by the plastic still on the edge of the can. That's the part to worry about. You don't want the motor can cutting into the wire during vibrations from running and crashes.

It was damaged in shipping. Between the protection on the wires and the rubber wrap I don't expect any issues. If it bothers me later I'll just slide some hard plastic in there to change it up some.

I wouldn't see any issues to continue just running it. I've had those come loose before quite often. Technically, when not fitted it's another way for dirt to get inside the can 🤷‍♂️ But i still haven't had any issues with my motors that have loose ones.

Should be fine, it only protects the wires from rubbing against the metal case, which would be fatal. Your solution should work just fine.
If in doubt, buy a spare from JennyRC ahead of time when they are cheap and available. You will damage a motor eventually.

Back