Europe Speed Runners Rhein-Ruhr Area Unite!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diem Turner

Yes...I have a Premium Member
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
Looking for speed freaks in the area for meet ups and PB hunting. Anyone else interested and/or have any good speed run spots to report? I run a GT build on the Infraction V2 platform and am on the doorstep of 200km/h hoping to hit 250 this summer/fall season so 500m+ stretches are going to be necessary. Hope there are some other likeminded fellas in the area :)

Thread type
Wanting to Meetup
Type of Event
  1. Bashing
Dusseldorf is just a little more than an hour drive for me, so if you can find a nice spot in that area, i'd consider to come over and share experience.
My near home spot is only 400m and has been limiting me to 223km/h.
I will be hunting for a new PB this weekend at a great spot 2h north of me (going camping in the area)

A close friend of mine can get access to a private track area where they film chase sequences for TV series (like Alarm für Cobra 11) that we're planning on hitting up this summer. It's about a one hour drive from where I live and a little less than an hour from Maastricht. As far as speed run facilities, this might be about as good as it gets. The main straight is about 600-650m. Check it out:

1653311797410.png

I live south of Eindhoven, still google maps says it would only be 1h10m. If the tarmac is good that would be an awesome location.

I've tried a run at a local airport too, but they didn't gave me much room and it was bumpy at some spots. It's nice not to have to worry about traffic though.

It does remind me of a simular place nearby here (in Belgium), a proving center of Ford:
1653316096600.png

Yeah, it does look very similar (although that one looks a good bit bigger). We tried getting on the Ford proving grounds in Cologne, but that was a complete bust.

I am heading over to Landgraaf today (for a work party)

As usual i do some spotting for speedrun roads and found 2 potentials at a the border between Heerlen and Aachen.
I will certainly have a look up close at these locations. (marked in yellow)

1654947336953.png

I had a look at them on Gmaps. I think you're might have a lot of LKW traffic on Avantisallee, looks much like an industrial estate. Not sure what traffic is like on Horbacherstr. could be good though from the looks of it. Good luck bro, hope you get some good runs in!! (y)

I really hope the avantisallee is low on traffic as it is 800m like this:
1654950868265.png

LKW traffic should be low on the weekend, definately on sundays. I am staying over night so i will be there on sunday.
It should be only local traffic as it's surrounded by autobahn:
1654950997262.png

Second location is more of a fallback. I actually expect more traffic there.

I was on both spots this morning.
Horbacherstr was all hills and a no go

Avantisallee was so so
Traffic was doable (some cars and lots bicycles)
Many manhole covers at random places, some bumps as well, which made me uncomfortabele going all out.
Lots of dust made for less grip.
I was able to do a 200kph 6S run, but decided not to do a 8S run as winds were picking up as well.

I was on both spots this morning.
Horbacherstr was all hills and a no go

Avantisallee was so so
Traffic was doable (some cars and lots bicycles)
Many manhole covers at random places, some bumps as well, which made me uncomfortabele going all out.
Lots of dust made for less grip.
I was able to do a 200kph 6S run, but decided not to do a 8S run as winds were picking up as well.
Aww, that's a bummer. Yeah, the detail on gMaps only goes so far. I try to look at prospective spots from a side view but you never really know until you're there if it's a good spot or not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back