Spektrum 130A cutoff voltage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vortekyteky

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
Hi,

Just looking at the 130a esc LVC modes, the default setting is 3.0V per cell. Is this too low? Should it rather be set at 3.2V or 3.4V

Also, what does initial brake and neutral range mean on the settings?

Thanks.

3.4v per cell "LVC" is best. All lipos.
Your Lipos will thank you. ;)
So will your wallet.(y)
Getting greedy, trying to squeak out a minute or so more run time is fruitless. And works against you. Puffed lipos etc.

You need to keep in mind that LVC is applied looking at the total voltage of the lipo: the # of pack cells times the LVC setting. So for a 4s pack, LVC would kick in when total pack voltage reaches 12v (3.0v per cell x 4 cells). Also keep in mind that lipos have voltage sag under load. So in the 4s pack example, the pack might hit total voltage of 12v, but then bounce back up to a "resting voltage" somewhat higher.

Whether a lipo is okay hitting 3.0v per cell momentarily before bouncing back up is up to you to decide. And also how much you think your pack might "recover" after hitting lvc is something you'll have to guess.

Since Lipos have very little Mah's below 3.5v per cell anyway, i'm with @SrC and i would be more conservative and set it at 3.4v per cell. You won't be missing out on much run time or power.

You need to keep in mind that LVC is applied looking at the total voltage of the lipo: the # of pack cells times the LVC setting. So for a 4s pack, LVC would kick in when total pack voltage reaches 12v (3.0v per cell x 4 cells). Also keep in mind that lipos have voltage sag under load. So in the 4s pack example, the pack might hit total voltage of 12v, but then bounce back up to a "resting voltage" somewhat higher.

Whether a lipo is okay hitting 3.0v per cell momentarily before bouncing back up is up to you to decide. And also how much you think your pack might "recover" after hitting lvc is something you'll have to guess.

Since Lipos have very little Mah's below 3.5v per cell anyway, i'm with @SrC and i would be more conservative and set it at 3.4v per cell. You won't be missing out on much run time or power.
+1
Some LVC cutoff Threshold settings can vary by brand, not that accurate depending on the model of ESC. So trial and error which is best. With a Lipo Testor in hand out there.. But always start out with 3.4v/cell as a start with a known Good Lipo ( new One)
FWIW, with hardcore dedicated Speed running, LVC is always disabled. And the liability doing so, is well understood.
A failing lipo will always have that one cell that will drop before the rest and quickly, LVC will engage early for this reason. And not the fault of the LVC setting. So think about that before considering lowering the LVC setting. Or you will be chasing a ghost with short run times, only because the Lipo is failing. Or is below the recommended Capacity for your, setup, i.e. ESC+ Motor type and pinion gear

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back