NEW FIRMWARE FIX - Low Voltage Cutoff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoostedMedia

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First time posting here. Just picked up a new Vorteks a few days ago and immediately ran into issues with Low Voltage Cutoff triggering at Wide Open Throttle even with a fully charged battery.

There's been quite a bit of discussion online about this issue, with varying levels of success, however I discovered there's a new version of Firmware that was just released in December 2023 that now allows you to manually adjust the LVC trigger voltage. I set mine to 3.4V and the issue appears to be resolved.

The catch is you'll need to purchase the Spektrum Programmer V2 which isn't cheap.

Once you have the programmer, you'll need to update it to the latest firmware, then connect it to your ESC and update the firmware on that too, which will unlock the ability to adjust LVC.

Instructions and the download can be found here:
https://www.spektrumrc.com/product/smart-esc-programming-update-box-avian-and-firma/SPMXCA200.html

NOTE: Many people are having issues with the software freezing when trying to connect to the ESC. You need to extract the zip and rar files using a 3rd party extraction tool like 7Zip. If you use Windows inbuilt extractor the software will not work.

Its BS that you have to purchase an additional accessory to make the product work properly, and I hope ARRMA supplies all their distributors with a programmer so they can update their stock before selling.

Hope this helps!

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the information.

I discovered there's a new version of Firmware that was just released in December 2023 that now allows you to manually adjust the LVC trigger voltage

This is for the smart ESCs I guess? Only the black V2 ones or the orange V1 also?

I had to update the Spektrum LCD Programmer V2 and the 150 ESC v2 (6s). I will have to see if I can see it on the v1 ESC.

I will have to see if I can see it on the v1 ESC.

Nice, it does work with the orange Firma ESCs as well! We now have a lot more options, basically the same as the Hobbywing 10BL120/8BL150 (which the Firma ESCs are based on).

I would have thought HH would only allow this upgrade for the black v2 ESCs to get people to buy the new ones...

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this FW version is labeled as public beta. So upgrade at your own risk.

Last edited:
Unfortunatly a known issue with many of the Smart 100 esc's. Another option is reaching out to Horizon support, I have heard people just sending the ESC in and they can update it for you.

On the plus side, you have a programmer now and can update any future ESC's like a pro!

Glad you are up and running 💪.

On a side note, this should advocate that us RC'ers want more OEM ESC options unlocked!

Last edited:
Bought one of these from Amazon. $31.50 CDN. Plugged it into my Spektrum Firma ESC on my Kraton 4s V2.5 only to find that I had to 'upgrade' the firmware. Okay, turn on the computer, plug in the programmer, and begin fumbling my way through the instructions given by the YouTube video guy. Something about Zip files and extracting those same files was definitely frustrating. Being truly ignorant when it comes to most things computer, I was actually surprised that I was successful. FYI: The latest firmware (as of 21 Feb 2024) is PB-1.0.23. *Once you have everything in order, changing your ESC settings is easy peasy!

20240219_213208[1].jpg

Hi guys,

First time posting here. Just picked up a new Vorteks a few days ago and immediately ran into issues with Low Voltage Cutoff triggering at Wide Open Throttle even with a fully charged battery.

There's been quite a bit of discussion online about this issue, with varying levels of success, however I discovered there's a new version of Firmware that was just released in December 2023 that now allows you to manually adjust the LVC trigger voltage. I set mine to 3.4V and the issue appears to be resolved.

The catch is you'll need to purchase the Spektrum Programmer V2 which isn't cheap.

Once you have the programmer, you'll need to update it to the latest firmware, then connect it to your ESC and update the firmware on that too, which will unlock the ability to adjust LVC.

Instructions and the download can be found here:
https://www.spektrumrc.com/product/smart-esc-programming-update-box-avian-and-firma/SPMXCA200.html

NOTE: Many people are having issues with the software freezing when trying to connect to the ESC. You need to extract the zip and rar files using a 3rd party extraction tool like 7Zip. If you use Windows inbuilt extractor the software will not work.

Its BS that you have to purchase an additional accessory to make the product work properly, and I hope ARRMA supplies all their distributors with a programmer so they can update their stock before selling.

Hope this helps!
No kiddng, a person goes and buys a 700 RC and get it out for the first time and the electronics go tits up. Arrma is either going to get a clue or loose customers that rc on a budget! So much for RTR being ready to run!🥸

Hello all
Just purchased a new vorteks in the UK and instantly ran into lvc .so is this correct that there is a ECS upgrade from spektrum now but to do so you need the program card and the ability to unzip files on a computer ? . Thanks for the help in advance . Oh how do you tell what version of vorteks you have mine is a RTR with a orange ECS Jim

Hello again
I have posted but waiting on it being approved. In the meantime ,the people that have had the firmware fix could you please tell me how many settings they now have on the esc to adjust as my 100amp esc had 6 but now has 11? (Model shop did the fix for me ) I will phone them tomorrow when they are back open but wondered if anyone else knew the answer .

Thanks Jim

Back