Spektrum 50c 3s battery issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chef22

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a set of spektrum 3c 50c batteries that I charge with a 2100 smart charger.

all times were purchased last year and the batteries probably have less then 20 charges each.

My issue is one of them is saying no lead cable lead cable detected when I go to charge it. It won’t let me access the smart charge setting either. There is no visible issues with the wires. No fraying or looseness in the plug end or the battery end.

Is there something I can do to get this fixed? I’m assuming it’s unsafe to continually charge with out balancing.

Yeah never charge without balancing. Any decent Charger won't even start a charge cycle unless it can balance the cells. For safety reasons.
The first and only mistake was buying into all that $Spektrum$ "Smart" Fluff from the start. Now you are all in, investment wise.
The "BattGo" Smart chip inside that Lipo has probably failed. Only consolation is that Spektrum/HH might warranty it for you. IDK. Some have stated that within 1 year they usually do this. On a case by case basis. With a valid receipt in hand.
But this is a common issue with Smart lipos. They are not that smart. They are only smart at making the user feel dumb.:LOL: I prefer Dumb lipos and chargers myself, for way less $$ and having better performance.
You are not alone. A common issue with these lipos that "think" they are so Smart. :giggle:
Smart is just a money grab by HH. And many LHS's push their stuff too. Especially to newbs. Has a high profit margin.
Smart is overpriced IMHO. And just a novelty at first glance.
Many end up "$buying twice$". End up buying standard Dumb lipos and chargers at some point, that perform best for RC use.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back