Spektrum Transmitter Battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trunkmonkey1

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Nero
  8. Outcast EXB
  9. Talion
  10. Talion EXB
  11. Typhon 6s
  12. Typhon TLR
Hey all.

I'm kinda stumped on how to charge this guy. Any advice would be great.

Thx!

20231013_090044.jpg

You just need the female end of a 2-pin JS connector
1697206287335.png

solder to maybe a EC5 to hookup to your charger.

You just need the female end of a 2-pin JS connector
View attachment 326550
solder to maybe a EC5 to hookup to your charger.

What about the balance port? Since there is no actual balance lead on this battery. just the 2 pin power cable.

Last edited:
What about the balance port? Since there is no actual balance lead on this battery. just the 2 pin power cable.

Ah..
Then two options -
1. You'll need to monitor it via its voltage and a timer to make sure you don't overcharge...

Or,
2. JS female connector to a male 3-pin balance lead connector and charge it via the balance port.
A little Slower changing But less babysitting..

Hey all.

I'm kinda stumped on how to charge this guy. Any advice would be great.

Thx!

View attachment 326549
Obviously you will need an adapter to suit for charging purposes. Not tragic. You can also make a 2s balance lead for the 2 Lion cells, if you are so inclined.
And most any "Decent" charger will have a LiOn setting as well as a "Charge without Balance" Mode. I charge a similar 2s LiOn Rx pack this way.

Last edited:
I have several small LiIon batts and have never balanced them. If they needed to be balanced they’d have a balance port. Just choose the proper charging mode on the charger.

I have several small LiIon batts and have never balanced them. If they needed to be balanced they’d have a balance port. Just choose the proper charging mode on the charger.

OK - I have done what you have said, and set the proper charging method. My only question is this: the battery is 7,4v. I am currently charging it, but the voltage on the charger is not adjustable. The charger is charging currently at about 8.14v. Is that to high?

20231013_134618.jpg

Correction: I am charging it at .2A. I know the pic says 2A. I changed it on the charger. After I took this pic.

Last edited:
When you set the Battery Chemistry to Lithium Ion, the peak voltage parameter is already set for charging LiOn's.
For radio use, I would charge this pack at a sub 1C rate. Not even at 1C. Maybe 1/2 of 1C. How I charge mine. It's much easier on the cells. The pack will last more cycles this way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back