Spektrum Dashboard App with DX3 Smart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I received the BT2000 bluetooth dongle.
Attached it to the transmitter and downloaded the ios app.
Initially the device connected and stayed connected in the dashboard app until it forced it to do a firmware update on the transmitter.
After that it would show up in the bluetooth list in the app but also vanish. Also when i went to connect to it the app simply closes out.
I have tried everything aside from trying to factory reset or put original firmware back on controller, but spektrums website is down.. what a joke of a company. All i hope now is that it hasnt stuffed up the binding to my car because of the firmware applied to the dx3.

Read the reviews before you buy. Sounds like a common issue.
Check the Horizon site, seems to be more up to date than the Spektrum site. No experience with this module myself, I decided against it reading reviews.

For what it's worth, I got the BT-2000 a couple of weeks ago (the cell phone mount is still backordered). I have (had) the DX3 transmitter that came with the new Kraton 8S in December. I attached it per instructions, downloaded the android app, and attempted the binding process.

Nothing I did worked, plus the DX3 lost its bind to the receiver. I removed the BT-2000 chip and tried dozens of times to re-bind the DX3 to the receiver. No go, nothing worked. I took the setup to my local Arrma dealer. They could not get it to bind after multiple tries. Finally the guy takes out his personal transmitter (DX5 something) and it binded right away.

Bottom line - looks like the BT-2000 killed my transmitter. I didn't want to deal with HH on the whole warranty drawn out procedure and have my car just sitting there staring at me until I maybe saw a replacement from HH for who knows how long, so I just went ahead and got a new DX5C. I have asked HH to cancel that cell phone holder and refund that, also asked to return the BT-2000 and refund that cost. That was nearly a week ago and they still have not responded.

I'm not happy...
Wow same thing just happened to me today after I put that darn bt2000 chip in mine

damn tha suks.. i already got the phone mount already how i did it was i told them i was a famous youtube over 80k subs if they can hurry up and send the phone holder so i can do a good positive feedback.,
For what it's worth, I got the BT-2000 a couple of weeks ago (the cell phone mount is still backordered). I have (had) the DX3 transmitter that came with the new Kraton 8S in December. I attached it per instructions, downloaded the android app, and attempted the binding process.

Nothing I did worked, plus the DX3 lost its bind to the receiver. I removed the BT-2000 chip and tried dozens of times to re-bind the DX3 to the receiver. No go, nothing worked. I took the setup to my local Arrma dealer. They could not get it to bind after multiple tries. Finally the guy takes out his personal transmitter (DX5 something) and it binded right away.

Bottom line - looks like the BT-2000 killed my transmitter. I didn't want to deal with HH on the whole warranty drawn out procedure and have my car just sitting there staring at me until I maybe saw a replacement from HH for who knows how long, so I just went ahead and got a new DX5C. I have asked HH to cancel that cell phone holder and refund that, also asked to return the BT-2000 and refund that cost. That was nearly a week ago and they still have not responded.

I'm not happy...
I would be upset on this one myself!! But I have to admit I had theTotal opposite interaction.I have had 2 warranty claims, well 3 really but two parts came in the last dilemma and email process! I even had to wait on my BT 2000 to come off backorder!

Let’s start this reply from the beginning, almost 9 months into owning my V2 Infraction, I got the BT module and started messing with telemetry and settings. At first I fooled around with a few channels and alarms and low and high points! All is well for a month or 2 and then same problem sourd if takes effect, I lost binding or esc turn on confirmation and control.it occurred once or 2 times and I didn’t give it anymore thought! At the same time this occurred my handbrake or AUX 3 channel went into reverse throw in its own! Again not much thought due to reversing the servo action so I took rear brake assembly off the chassis all together. All was fine, she burned the DBoots down at 50% every time I threw a set of batteries in her! And we ran for a few months like this,
2nd claim; somehow the shaft coming out of the motor got warped, I suspect a rock or something got in between pin and spur gears causing the shaft to warp a lil. The small gear didn’t have much mesh issue but with the big 26 pin, it had a major warp or distortion causing the mesh to not stay the same. I called and had a motor ad soon as it came off Backorder, along with new pinion gears they really treated me nice and took care of me! Oh and I called Horizon even tho I purchased thru Tower, I think his name is Travis and he races like he’s a pro and him and I got along great so sorry anyone has had bad dealings getting stuff covered, I literally had a short video of problem and a explanation and they never asked me another ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back