Infraction Spektrum dx3 with sr6100at Problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed the spectrum dashboard app on my android (samsung s9) and connected using the dx3 Bluetooth module with no issues - seemed to work fine but still no change. I haven't updated the rx yet (had to order more stuff). I also have a dx5 coming in a few days so i want to see how the rx works with a different tx before i make any more changes. I will let you know how it goes!

I installed the spectrum dashboard app on my android (samsung s9) and connected using the dx3 Bluetooth module with no issues - seemed to work fine but still no change. I haven't updated the rx yet (had to order more stuff). I also have a dx5 coming in a few days so i want to see how the rx works with a different tx before i make any more changes. I will let you know how it goes!
It's prolly your tx.. they are know to hit the bricks!! 🧱

I cannot find the post. The BT module was nothing but issues and had my radio and rig crazy until I removed it. Hope you have better luck. The idea from Horizon is great but it lacked their support.

Seems i have the same exact issue.
Couple days ago I noticed steering did not go all the way left anymore. Ordered a new servo, but got the same issue. Then did a factory reset on the remote and issues got way worse. When trying to bind the remote the servo goes mad, twitches without touching the remote and the slightest touch on the steering wheel makes the servo jiggle around even more. It is definitly the remote, i have another dx3 which i can bind without issues.
I also tried inter changing the steering module between the two but that does not help. Has to be the software or the print board.
Have updated the remote with the bluetooth module, binded without AVC, and every other sugestion.. but does not seem to help, guess it is just dead. At least somewhat glad I am not the only one having this :p

Seems i have the same exact issue.
Couple days ago I noticed steering did not go all the way left anymore. Ordered a new servo, but got the same issue. Then did a factory reset on the remote and issues got way worse. When trying to bind the remote the servo goes mad, twitches without touching the remote and the slightest touch on the steering wheel makes the servo jiggle around even more. It is definitly the remote, i have another dx3 which i can bind without issues.
I also tried inter changing the steering module between the two but that does not help. Has to be the software or the print board.
Have updated the remote with the bluetooth module, binded without AVC, and every other sugestion.. but does not seem to help, guess it is just dead. At least somewhat glad I am not the only one having this :p
In a last effort.. I re-read this:

DX3 – Controls calibration:
  1. While holding the Bind button in and the trigger to full brake, power on the transmitter.
  2. LED will turn Orange, release the power button and then the bind button and trigger.
  3. Cycle all controls, rotate the knobs full left and right and return to the middle, turn the wheel full left and right, move the trigger full throttle and full brake.
  4. Press the bind button, LED will turn solid Green.
  5. Power off the transmitter to save the settings.

This fixed my issue. So do this without turning on the car!

Hello, how did you updated the rx and tx? Which component did you used?
Thanx!
After trying all the suggestions (am very grateful for btw) nothing changed so I purchased a dx5pro and life is sweet.... rx and esc work perfectly (with or without updates). Not sure what i will do with the dx3, bluetooth module and cell phone holder..... lost that gamble🤠

After trying all the suggestions (am very grateful for btw) nothing changed so I purchased a dx5pro and life is sweet.... rx and esc work perfectly (with or without updates). Not sure what i will do with the dx3, bluetooth module and cell phone holder..... lost that gamble🤠
Excellent!

With AVC, make sure the Steering Endpoints are above 80% or during the bind, AVC wil struggle to initialize properly. Since your servo is all wonky, this could be the case here. would start witth 100% ST Endpoints., Then adjust where it needs to be.
I hate the AVC spektrum stuff. I rather not use AVC with my Spektrum radio. (DX5C) They are horrible. And servo tends to oscillate much.
I rather use the SkyRC stanadalone Gyros instead. And a basic Spektrum NON AVC rx. Simple 2 channel Rx's. Cheaper. Those AVC Rx's don't come cheap and are a nusciance anyway, Been there, done that.
Yeah after adding the DX3 BT module and all, many say its still a fail. Its a nice paperweight now. Unless you just use a Non AVC Receiver. The DX3 is probably one of the better RTR radios, as RTR basher radios go. But I gave up on the Spektrum stuff. I rather use my NB4, and Radiolink RC6GS (speed running). I still use my DX5C, since I am invested. Just that I disable the AVC feature during the bind process or just use Non AVC rx's. I have 18 RC' here. Spread out among my 3 main radio's. I only like a standalone Gyro for my On road RC's. A Gyro/AVC only works against you for hard bashing rigs. Especially with any Big Air jumping. NG. (n)
Best to always keep your AVC Steering"Gain" well below 10%. And "Priority" at 100%. ( DX5C, Rugged and Pro) It always gets wonky with a higher Gain setting. And will oscillate horribly. Almost undriveable. Dangerous to speed run like this .

Last edited:
I haven't tried the dx3 with a non AVC rx but I will out of curiosity 🤔 Thanks for all the great tips and advice!

You should be able to "Disable" the AVC Feature altogether during the Bind process (instructions are specific for doing just this), if AVC is giving you a problem. The only way to truly disable it. Simply turning down the AVC Gain is not recommended if you tried it.
Buy the cheapest plain jane 2 Channel Spektrum Rx, to try out. Then buy a SkyRC Standalone Gyro, if you really want or need a Steering Gyro.
The SkyRC GC-301 gyro is only $30. The GC-401 is even better. Newer model. What I been using. Why spend close to $100. on a Spektrum AVC gyro.
Get a Spektrum Rx from JennysRC. With the radio is probably even less $$.
Just use the SR315 rx for your DX3. Should work in DSMR and DSM2 Radio protocols mode no issue.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/kr...ystem-spektrum-slt3-tx-and-sr315-rx-ara4408v2

Last edited:
Wow, that's awesome- Thanks again for the excellent info.... definitely going to try out your suggestions!

I despise Spektrum radios and servos. I went through AVC hell on a Losi Baja Rey, and I swore never to use Spektrum radios, receivers, and underpowered, and slow, Spektrum servos again.

Spektrum receivers are also stupidly expensive for what you get. I can't see myself paying $50 or more for their receivers when I can buy FlySky receivers for less than $25. And I can bind up to twenty radios to one transmitter with a GT5, something you can't do with Spektrum unless you pay big dollars for a DX5.

My new Axial Early Bronco came with a Spektrum transmitter, Spektrum receiver/ESC combo, and Spektrum servo. I knew when I bought it that I would be replacing the Spektrum stuff. Within two hours of the Bronco arriving, I had replaced the radio system, the ESC/receiver combo, and the brushed motor. Two days later I replaced the servo.

I despise Spektrum radios and servos. I went through AVC hell on a Losi Baja Rey, and I swore never to use Spektrum radios, receivers, and underpowered, and slow, Spektrum servos again.

Spektrum receivers are also stupidly expensive for what you get. I can't see myself paying $50 or more for their receivers when I can buy FlySky receivers for less than $25. And I can bind up to twenty radios to one transmitter with a GT5, something you can't do with Spektrum unless you pay big dollars for a DX5.

My new Axial Early Bronco came with a Spektrum transmitter, Spektrum receiver/ESC combo, and Spektrum servo. I knew when I bought it that I would be replacing the Spektrum stuff. Within two hours of the Bronco arriving, I had replaced the radio system, the ESC/receiver combo, and the brushed motor. Two days later I replaced the servo.
I'm about sick of your sh**!!..

giphy (3) (9).gif

Wow, that's awesome- Thanks again for the excellent info.... definitely going to try out your suggestions!
I had to do it once. Here is how you turn off and disable AVC on the Spektrum rx... Once bound there is no AVC throttle, brake, left, right, etc is not needed anymore for AVC calibration.

1. While holding the Bind button in and the trigger to full brake, power on the transmitter.
  2. LED will turn Orange, release the power button and then the bind button and trigger.
  3. Cycle all controls, rotate the knobs full left and right and return to the middle, turn the wheel full left and right, move the trigger full throttle and full brake.

This comment deserves recognition. This saved me. Brand new Hammer Rey, a 5 and a 6 year old staring at me.. waiting to see it go. Me trying to avoided smashing it... And this comment. A glint of gold in a famine. A life vest in the middle of the ocean.

Thank you.. truly. This worked.

This comment deserves recognition. This saved me. Brand new Hammer Rey, a 5 and a 6 year old staring at me.. waiting to see it go. Me trying to avoided smashing it... And this comment. A glint of gold in a famine. A life vest in the middle of the ocean.

Thank you.. truly. This worked.

There is clearly smth fiddlesticked up with the dx3. I remember a customer sent back a set of dx3 because they couldnt get it working. Another set had exact same problem. Now my old dx3 sr6200a does the same. Steering on, but no throttle. When I try to bind it, the esc does the first green after neutral but nothing happens for throttle or break.

There is clearly smth fiddlesticked up with the dx3. I remember a customer sent back a set of dx3 because they couldnt get it working. Another set had exact same problem. Now my old dx3 sr6200a does the same. Steering on, but no throttle. When I try to bind it, the esc does the first green after neutral but nothing happens for throttle or break.
Same issue here. But I can get Throttle every other time or so, but I’ve never got the break or the 3 green lights, fixing to try a couple suggestions above. Did you get yours resolved?

Back