Spektrum dx5c rollout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnyc10306

Reaction score
Did anyone setup the rollout on the dx5c? I manually measured the rollout on my vorteks and came up with 15 inches. I checked this with gps and had to lower it to 14.80. This was with the spektrum dashboard app. I had to get rid of it because it maxed out at 46 when I was doing 55. I set up the dx5c with gps and the rollout is 1.53". That looks like an inch and a half to me. How is the rollout on the dashboard app about 15 inches and the dx5c one and a half inches? Am I missing something? Did anyone even mess with this?

20230921_222058.jpg

How did you measure your rollout? I found this from another site "Rollout definition: how far the car moves for a single rotation of the motor (or pinion.)""rollout = tire diameter * 3.1415 / (spur / pinion)" Both of your numbers seem off if you use these calculation.

I marked my pinion, then put the tape measure on the floor and started the end with the center of the tire. Roll 10 rotations and mark where it lands back on center. Divide that number by 10. I just caught my mistake, I divided by 100. If you divide by 10 it's right. The transmitter is right. I wasted 10 dollars on this, should of bought the gps sooner. 1.53" is the exact number for stock vorteks with worn tires. I'll get the number for a fresh set of tires very soon.

20230921_235615.jpg

Did anyone setup the rollout on the dx5c? I manually measured the rollout on my vorteks and came up with 15 inches. I checked this with gps and had to lower it to 14.80. This was with the spektrum dashboard app. I had to get rid of it because it maxed out at 46 when I was doing 55. I set up the dx5c with gps and the rollout is 1.53". That looks like an inch and a half to me. How is the rollout on the dashboard app about 15 inches and the dx5c one and a half inches? Am I missing something? Did anyone even mess with this?
Can you please repost this in English for us plebes?

View attachment 323404

Looks like you got it before I could post

Distance in.
<divided by>
10 turns of the pinion gear

eg.
18RO/10-Turns = 1.8 RO

I do this only with my Infraction with this radio. Bashers I never setup.

Looks like you got it before I could post

Distance in.
<divided by>
10 turns of the pinion gear

eg.
18RO/10-Turns = 1.8 RO

I do this only with my Infraction with this radio. Bashers I never setup.

I caught my problem. I was divinding by 100 instead of 10. There is no problem now that I got that figured out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back