Vorteks Spektrum Pro Basher Li-Po > Vorteks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the-D-

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite Grom
  3. Vorteks
Just wondering if this battery will fit the Vorteks

Spektrum 11.1V 6800mAh 3S 120C Smart G2 Pro Basher LiPo: IC5 O-SPMXB3S68​

I seen in another thread that these are the exact dimensions of the Vorteks battery tray, can anyone tell me if they have run this battery or if it will indeed fit?

1696064822050.png

From what I can find it looks a little long. You can always go to arrma website and look for dimensions.

From what I can find it looks a little long. You can always go to arrma website and look for dimensions.
Thanks, I'll try that. I know there's a bit in the battery tray that comes out, maybe/hopefully it will accommodate.

The Spektrum battery looks to be identical in dimensions to the Gens 6800 bashing pro, which I use in my Vorteks. You do have to remove that spacer/plug.
With the spacer removed the battery is veeeery snug and you have to line it up just right to push it down into the tray... but it does fit without needing to shave or cut anything in the chassis.

The Spektrum battery looks to be identical in dimensions to the Gens 6800 bashing pro, which I use in my Vorteks. You do have to remove that spacer/plug.
With the spacer removed the battery is veeeery snug and you have to line it up just right to push it down into the tray... but it does fit without needing to shave or cut anything in the chassis.
1696079582792.png
1696079582792.png

I've seen this one being run on a Youtube video, he said it fit perfectly, and the dimensions are 157x45x34mm(LxWxH),...the battery looks great and apparently runs for about 30 mins, trouble for me is, I wanted the smart batteries for all the features that come with it, and I got the Spektrum G2 2100 charger, add to that that the receiver also utilizes the smart function. The gensacearespammers one is £68 and the Spektrum pro basher is £108,...is the Spectrum features worth £40 more? hmmmm
Is there a Macro happening with the word gensacearespammers? I didn't type that spammers thing :ROFLMAO:
Happened again lol

I've seen this one being run on a Youtube video, he said it fit perfectly, and the dimensions are 157x45x34mm(LxWxH),...the battery looks great and apparently runs for about 30 mins, trouble for me is, I wanted the smart batteries for all the features that come with it, and I got the Spektrum G2 2100 charger, add to that that the receiver also utilizes the smart function. The gensacearespammers one is £68 and the Spektrum pro basher is £108,...is the Spectrum features worth £40 more? hmmmm
Is there a Macro happening with the word gensacearespammers? I didn't type that spammers thing :ROFLMAO:
Happened again lol

Yeah I wish I had the battery telemetry display too. What's annoying that they technically could do it; if you get the BT2000 bluetooth module, the phone app will display the pack voltage for any battery, it just won't have the other data (temperature, individual cell voltage) if it's not a Smart battery. So there shouldn't be any technical reason that the DX3 controller can't display the pack voltage. It seems like an arbitrary business choice to persuade you to buy Spektrum batteries (or the bluetooth module, or upgrade to a DX5 series controller).

I tried the BT2000 and I could never get it to pair with my phone or even show up when scanning for bluetooth devices, so I returned it.

With the 6800Mah capacity I'll get bored and want to switch to a different car before the battery runs out though!

Yeah I wish I had the battery telemetry display too. What's annoying that they technically could do it; if you get the BT2000 bluetooth module, the phone app will display the pack voltage for any battery, it just won't have the other data (temperature, individual cell voltage) if it's not a Smart battery. So there shouldn't be any technical reason that the DX3 controller can't display the pack voltage. It seems like an arbitrary business choice to persuade you to buy Spektrum batteries (or the bluetooth module, or upgrade to a DX5 series controller).

I tried the BT2000 and I could never get it to pair with my phone or even show up when scanning for bluetooth devices, so I returned it.

With the 6800Mah capacity I'll get bored and want to switch to a different car before the battery runs out though!
I'm thinking because its my first outing with RC, I might just go the more expensive smart batteries route, I like the auto discharge functionality as well,....so confused as to what to do, pulling my hair out here:ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back