Vorteks Ok, new Vorteks, more issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lethalcobra2k3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Vorteks
I bought my son his own vorteks, this thing is GRINDING. I adjusted the slipper and used lo tite on the screw because it was so tight out of the box that the tires would lock up if you let off the throttle. It did not make the braking noise when it was happening. That solved to tire lock up issue. He ran 2 packs through it now its making a horrible grinding and the tires are stuttering. I installed my slipper and its still doing it. Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on? Im getting really frustrated with Arrma. My kraton is ok and Im in progress replacing the servo and tightening the servo saver so Im happy with that but so far 2 for 2 the new vorteks blx have been non stop issues oh, I have to bind the transmitter every time he plugs in a battery

I bought my son his own vorteks, this thing is GRINDING. I adjusted the slipper and used lo tite on the screw because it was so tight out of the box that the tires would lock up if you let off the throttle. It did not make the braking noise when it was happening. That solved to tire lock up issue. He ran 2 packs through it now its making a horrible grinding and the tires are stuttering. I installed my slipper and its still doing it. Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on? Im getting really frustrated with Arrma. My kraton is ok and Im in progress replacing the servo and tightening the servo saver so Im happy with that but so far 2 for 2 the new vorteks blx have been non stop issues oh, I have to bind the transmitter every time he plugs in a battery
It sounds a bit like the diff input gear has chipped, this can happen if you land on throttle with any brushless car from the torque.

You were correct! Thanks, I hope Horizon will warranty it
I would not recommend changing the input gear without also changing the ring gear on the diff. A new diff and input on Jennys is pretty cheap, or just the pinion and ring gear alone from the hobby shop isn't too bad either.

It's worth noting as well this is a pretty preventable break, anytime the car goes airborne the driver needs to let off throttle before the landing. Sometimes this is pretty hard like on a bumpy sandy beach with lots of divots from footprints, but that's literally the only place I've ever shredded a ring gear and pinion. It's totally preventable on jumps.

I would not recommend changing the input gear without also changing the ring gear on the diff. A new diff and input on Jennys is pretty cheap, or just the pinion and ring gear alone from the hobby shop isn't too bad either.

It's worth noting as well this is a pretty preventable break, anytime the car goes airborne the driver needs to let off throttle before the landing. Sometimes this is pretty hard like on a bumpy sandy beach with lots of divots from footprints, but that's literally the only place I've ever shredded a ring gear and pinion. It's totally preventable on jumps.
I ordered 2 from Jennys and submitted a warranty request through Horizon so I can have spares. It is my sons vorteks and its his first rc. My vorteks had a huge host of other issues, like having to bind the transmitter almost every time I charge the battery. Sometimes it works through 4 or 5 packs, sometimes it happens every pack. Ive had to upgrade the servo, replace shocks, had the axle stub eject on the right rear etc

Back