Granite Stampede 4x4 VXL, Granite and BRCC 4x4 BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlatimore3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
Hello. I currently have Stampede 4x4 with some upgrades (Hobbywing 120 ESC, 2600 CoolRC knock off motor, GTR shocks, Proline Body Mounts), and I've been debating on whether to get a Granite or BRCC. Well yesterday I burnt out my motor, so now I'm debating whether to fix the Stampede by getting a BLX 3s motor for it , or sell the stampede as is and use that money on a new Granite or BRCC.
Has anyone put the Granite/BRCC blx motor in a Stampede? They look to be the same size.
Also, does anyone that has a Stampede 4x4 miss the 1 inch of ground clearance that it has over the Granite and BRCC?
For people that have put MT tires or Granite tires on the BRCC, do you find it drives and jumps as well as the Granite with those tires?

Last edited:
Budget. I'm trying to stay under 350.

I blew over $800 upgrading & fixing my Stampede during the decade I had it & now it's sitting in a pile of parts. It was down WAY more than it was driveable. It's not even worth fixing now but enough parts will make anything sellable if I ever want to go that route. The Granite BLX is on a whole other lvl of durability than that thing. The Granite is simply more nimble than the BRCC. The BRCC drives like the Senton with Granite tires. It has a pretty bad turning radius too.

I forgot to include that the Granite drives so much better than the Stampede that you won't even realize it has less ground clearance. Both my blx & the hvy weight Granite I converted can roll over most stuff including tall grass & very rocky lots, but the chassis will take a beating. I busted my Stampede in the same rocky lot multiple times. My Granite BLX takes it like it's nothing.

Last edited:
Son and I had the stampedes,, and after some reaserch and looking at reviews and videos, we decided to get the New 4x4 3s blx,, all
I can say is wow,,, what a blast on 3s right out of the boxx,The truck jumps really well and after pounding on it
for a few weeks now, all we broke was a set of body mounts.
We used to race savages about 10 yrs ago, but had to hop it up to get it to handle the way we wanted//
This thing is awesome with not a penny in hop ups,,
Buy it u will like it

Son and I had the stampedes,, and after some reaserch and looking at reviews and videos, we decided to get the New 4x4 3s blx,, all
I can say is wow,,, what a blast on 3s right out of the boxx,The truck jumps really well and after pounding on it
for a few weeks now, all we broke was a set of body mounts.
We used to race savages about 10 yrs ago, but had to hop it up to get it to handle the way we wanted//
This thing is awesome with not a penny in hop ups,,
Buy it u will like it

Yup! I've owned the Stampede 4x4 VXL, and the Granite kicks its butt and is cheaper to boot. Best truck ever!

Yeah I'd say these two trucks are in different leagues. Stampede feels like the older last generation model that is close to being put out of production and the Granite blx feels like the newest truck in the market with state of the art technology.

Thanks for all the replies in this thread, YouTube reviews (@razorrc , jayteerc, others) and your comparison of granite/brcc in my other post @bicketybam. I finally pulled the trigger and bought the granite. It should be here on the 2nd. So I'm getting fast eddy rubber bearings and plan to cover the hole under the spur to help stop dirt getting in. What 3s battery and charger do yall like?

Please excuse my ignorance, what's a BRCC?

I have a stampede 4x4 vxl as well, heavily upgraded. Doubt I would get rid of it as it does fill a niche for me and since I have it, Iikely won't get a granite since it would basically be it's replacement... I wish I had found the granite before I bought it, but here we are.

As it is, it can take a ridiculous amount of abuse. My wife just got me a tekno center bone and set of GTR shocks for it for Christmas and now I'm trying to figure out the best oil to use with the VDK in them with the VG springs I bought for those shocks. I'm probably going to try the center diff again in it since I'm now running 3S. With 2S, it sucked up too much of my power, but with 3S, I need it to calm things down a bit.

I have a stampede 4x4 vxl as well, heavily upgraded. Doubt I would get rid of it as it does fill a niche for me and since I have it, Iikely won't get a granite since it would basically be it's replacement... I wish I had found the granite before I bought it, but here we are.

As it is, it can take a ridiculous amount of abuse. My wife just got me a tekno center bone and set of GTR shocks for it for Christmas and now I'm trying to figure out the best oil to use with the VDK in them with the VG springs I bought for those shocks. I'm probably going to try the center diff again in it since I'm now running 3S. With 2S, it sucked up too much of my power, but with 3S, I need it to calm things down a bit.

BRCC= Arrma Big Rock Crew Cab

Wrong forum, but I don’t think the center diff is designed to hold up to 3S.

Wrong forum, but I don’t think the center diff is designed to hold up to 3S.
Will find out soon enough.
LEN2sxN.jpg

EDIT:
When your right, your right. Well, the diff part held up, but I chooched the teeth off half the spur. I made it about 10 minutes and I liked how it was responding... so, I have more spurs in the mail, a FLM machined alloy center diff cup and new front/rear diffs/housings/bearings now coming in the mail. Not sure why it ate the spur... could be the 500K I put in the diff was a bit stiff. Will try 200K when I get the parts in. I've never taken the diffs out of this thing, but by the wobble in the output shafts, I'm guessing they are near dead anyway and in need of a rebuild.

Anyway, sorry for derailing.

Last edited:
Hello. I currently have Stampede 4x4 with some upgrades (Hobbywing 120 ESC, 2600 CoolRC knock off motor, GTR shocks, Proline Body Mounts), and I've been debating on whether to get a Granite or BRCC. Well yesterday I burnt out my motor, so now I'm debating whether to fix the Stampede by getting a BLX 3s motor for it , or sell the stampede as is and use that money on a new Granite or BRCC.
Has anyone put the Granite/BRCC blx motor in a Stampede? They look to be the same size.
Also, does anyone that has a Stampede 4x4 miss the 1 inch of ground clearance that it has over the Granite and BRCC?
For people that have put MT tires or Granite tires on the BRCC, do you find it drives and jumps as well as the Granite with those tires?
Did you ever end up doing it... Cuz I have both stampede 4x4 and brcc and had thought about doing it also. Kind of wondering how it worked out for ya!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back