Kraton Steering doesn't work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neo1985

Reaction score
Hello dear forum,

I'm new here and also in the RC area. I have an Arrma Kraton 6S that I drove for exactly 10 minutes until the steering stopped working.
It still drives forwards and backwards, if I swap the two cables on the SR 315, it reacts to accelerating and reversing when steering, but it doesn't steer when accelerating either.
I can steer the wheels by hand without any problems.
Could anyone help me, please?

Welcome. It’s probably a dead servo. The servo that comes with the truck isn’t great.

Email [email protected] for a warranty replacement. Or use this opportunity to upgrade to a higher quality servo. Here are some options I recommend.

Good
Better
Best

Any of those servos will also require a 25 tooth servo horn.

Regardless of what you do, make sure to set your steering endpoints properly to protect the new servo. Instructions are in your manual.

Last edited:
I agree with @dure16,
He is spot on.
>>>Follow his lead. This is common with the RTR servos, Most any brand. They are subpar. Just a thing.
I run AMZ DS3235 35 kg servos. Only $34. I run them in all my heavier 6s rigs.
But you have other servo options.... Getting another Spektrum servo will most likely do the same, crap out on you.
But if under warranty, it is free for 2 years with a reciept. Your call there. Those stocker Servos have also been known to fry the ESC's BEC circuit. Food for thought.
I say upgrade it to another brand servo and don't look back. And you will need a 25 "splined" servo Horn/ servo saver for your 4x4 with 99% of the upgrade servos out there.
The Spektrum stocker Servo uses a 23 splined horn/Servo saver.
Hope this helps. :cool:

Important note: Make sure you set your steering end points correctly. They are not set out of the box and many-a failed stock servo has occurred from this since the servo drives the steering too far and causes a stall condition where the servo is hurting itself. Aftermarket servos can do this too, make sure you go into the program menu in the SLT3 radio and set them correctly so the servo doesn't bind at the end points.

Hello dear forum,

I tested the servo before I installed it, it ran without any problems, now I've mounted and connected it, now all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore. Accelerating and braking also worked after installing the servo, now suddenly not anymore. I am slowly despairing. If I want to reconnect the remote control (Auto on, press the receiver 3x) it works but the car doesn't.

I have to write with google translator, I hope you can understand :). I come from Germany.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back