Kraton Steering turnbuckle length EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adaraas

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
For the people who have the EXB model, is your left and right turnbuckle length different? I know factory they're set at roughly 68mm, however with both of mine set at 68mm one of my wheels is pointed way out. I have to set it at 74mm to get them ballpark close.

I'm chasing an issue with my truck pulling hard to the right under acceleration so I'm trying to see if this could be it, thanks.

For the people who have the EXB model, is your left and right turnbuckle length different? I know factory they're set at roughly 68mm, however with both of mine set at 68mm one of my wheels is pointed way out. I have to set it at 74mm to get them ballpark close.

I'm chasing an issue with my truck pulling hard to the right under acceleration so I'm trying to see if this could be it, thanks.
I have a new Kraton EXB still in box. Took it out so from visible polished turnbuckle I can see and measure between the ends.... 68mm on both fronts.

Hope that helps

Did you go over your diffs? Could be a cause if something is messed up in one you may have "1 wheel peel" kinda

I have a new Kraton EXB still in box. Took it out so from visible polished turnbuckle I can see and measure between the ends.... 68mm on both fronts.

Hope that helps
Are your tires straight(as in barely toed out) with them both at 68? With mine at 68 one is probably a degree or two out, and then the other one is like 20 degrees out.

Did you go over your diffs? Could be a cause if something is messed up in one you may have "1 wheel peel" kinda
I've gone over them, they're all good. I just think my toe settings arent exactly right. I'll have to work on it some more. wish there was a simply scale I could use like an automative rack haha.

RPM makes a camber gauge and a toe gauge. not sure how wide the toe goes though. I think it may only be for 1/10th scale

I always felt the same way. Matching the ST links creates more toe out on one side. Matching them is just to get you in the ball park. Many 6s rigs are this way. Many other brands as well. Every rig is different as they wear in also. Even ST slop is apparent.
I think it is what it is. Don't focus on why too much. Unless you suspect obvious damage.
Just dial in the Toe, one ST turnbuckle at at a time. For offroad .5-1 degree toe out is fine. Just make L and R equal using the turnbuckles.
Just make sure your ST Trim is centered at the radio, servo powered "ON" when doing this.:cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back