Kraton Kraton 6S EXB Steering (Going in Circles)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aloring3

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Question to see if anyone is having issues with their wheels locking all the way turned and will only go in circles.

Anyone has experience how to fix, please let me know. It is annoying when you’re driving and it locks up. If I turn the car off and back on it works again.

Thanks for any help.

If turning your truck off then on again fixes it then I would blame the servo. Sounds like your servo is dying. Servos take a hell of a beating with these bigger trucks.

A second opinion would be in order.

Take the front wheels off and disconnect the servo horn. Check to make sure that there's no binding in the in the pillow balls. There might have been some dirt ingress.

If you are noticing any binding at all, grab a 5mm hex driver and back off these front hub nuts by a quarter turn and see if that frees up the steering. If so, then go ahead and remove them entirely and then back out the pillow balls with a 2.5mm hex. Clean everything, put it back together and add one drop lubrication of your choice. When you're installing the hub nuts, tighten them down until they cause binding on the pillow ball. Then slowly back it off until it moves freely (there should be next to no resistance at all when set up correctly).
1705641640464.png

If there is no binding in the steering linkages, pillow balls, etc. then, as @RC Steve said, it's likely the servo. But just take your time and check everything step by step. More often than not there's just something binding somewhere in the steering assembly.

Good luck!

this has happened to me in the past and after checking all my connections it was the servo :(

Sometimes AVC can also cause some weird problems, what happens if you turn the AVC dial off on the remote? You could try to re-bind the transmitter as well (check the manual, its a process).

As others mentioned though, check for binding and it could be the stock servo has gone ☁️.

Question to see if anyone is having issues with their wheels locking all the way turned and will only go in circles.

Anyone has experience how to fix, please let me know. It is annoying when you’re driving and it locks up. If I turn the car off and back on it works again.

Thanks for any help.
I had my ackerman bar 'lockup' before. Those little pins got in a bind, self tightened themselves.

Take the front wheels off and disconnect the servo horn. Check to make sure that there's no binding in the in the pillow balls. There might have been some dirt ingress.

If you are noticing any binding at all, grab a 5mm hex driver and back off these front hub nuts by a quarter turn and see if that frees up the steering. If so, then go ahead and remove them entirely and then back out the pillow balls with a 2.5mm hex. Clean everything, put it back together and add one drop lubrication of your choice. When you're installing the hub nuts, tighten them down until they cause binding on the pillow ball. Then slowly back it off until it moves freely (there should be next to no resistance at all when set up correctly).
View attachment 343255

If there is no binding in the steering linkages, pillow balls, etc. then, as @RC Steve said, it's likely the servo. But just take your time and check everything step by step. More often than not there's just something binding somewhere in the steering assembly.

Good luck!
Thank you for the step by step! I’ll try it tonight after work. Thanks

Turn the AVC knob on the controller all the way counter clockwise to zero and try again.

If that fixes it, you need to rebind and calibrate properly.

i have had two different trucks do that with the 6200A and DX3 so it’s worth a try.

Another question for batteries for the Kraton 6S. I have a Zee battery and it seems good. I was going to try 2-3S but I can’t find two batteries that would fit in the tray. How does everyone fit two 3S in there?

Another question for batteries for the Kraton 6S. I have a Zee battery and it seems good. I was going to try 2-3S but I can’t find two batteries that would fit in the tray. How does everyone fit two 3S in there?
You have a 6s battery now?

Yes, but it says it will take 2-3’s. Does it make any difference or just stick with buying 6’s
Yes, but it says it will take 2-3’s. Does it make any difference or just stick with buying 6’

Yes, but it says it will take 2-3’s. Does it make any difference or just stick with buying 6’s

Yes, but it says it will take 2-3’s. Does it make any difference or just stick with buying 6’
I've run 4s & 6s on my Notorious. Same tray. I've got several 3s batteries for my other rc's but never tried running it 2 3s because they weren't matched. I've stuck em in there to fit & I had to lift up the battery hat slider to get them in there & slide it back down. I guess 2 together is just 1mm or 2mmish taller than a single 6s. Someone could say they know if 2 or one is any different running it or different types vary in size.

So the servo was dead and they LHS swapped it out with a new one. Unfortunately, that didn’t solve the problem. Got home and it started doing circles. I did rebind as well. So I’m lost as what to do.

So the servo was dead and they LHS swapped it out with a new one. Unfortunately, that didn’t solve the problem. Got home and it started doing circles. I did rebind as well. So I’m lost as what to do.

Bunch of word is nice...
But, We really need to see some actual pics or video to better diagnose your problems..

Help Us ,Help YOU.

this has happened to me in the past and after checking all my connections it was the servo :(
We all been there before, especially with the stocker servos.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back