Kraton Stock A-Arm shenanigans!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Dirt

Need more RC
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Voltage
So, after my my last outing, I came home to inspect damages to my Kraton. One of the front arms was broken along with a couple other things.

Started looking at the rest of the rig and saw what looked like a crack in the rear left arm.
20190531_231700.jpg

After I replaced it, took a closer look and realized it wasn't a crack. So I pried at it and was a little shocked to find what I did. How can a manufacturing defect like this make it to a final product?!?

20190531_231832.jpg

20190531_232053.jpg

Looks like there was a problem with the way it was molded and they just put a patch on it. Not a very good patch either since it came off so easy and cleanly. Makes it even worse that the defect was right on the hinge part.

My question is, why would Arrma use defective parts and then label it tough? I know I send it more than the average Joe and so I expect breakages, but I sure didn't expect that arm to be on my Kraton. I broke four arms since I built my ramp and found that bmx park so I know the breakages were my fault. It's just, finding that arm has me a little worried about the longevity of stock parts.

Sorry for my long rant, but has anyone else come across something like this, or was this just an overlooked mistake?

I think it would be an oversight by someone being a bit lazy in the assembly line. Arrma quality is normally better than that. At the end of the day they are items assembled by people and mistakes will be made. Of course that is not an excuse, your issue should have been picked up no question, i’m Just saying you are in that unfortunate minority of people who have had a QA issue

I think it's just a manufacturing defect. Why would they try to patch a 10 cent A-arm (their cost)? Makes no sense.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back