Kraton Bolts and washers on arm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeriousRX

Reaction score
Hello! So I got a used Kraton that I am cleaning up and there is a bolt on the arm with three washers on it. I can't figure out if there is purpose to these since it does not hold anything down. Is there a purpose for these? Sorry my first Arrma RC so just trying to figure things out. Thanks!

PXL_20231023_160001913.MP.jpg
PXL_20231023_160013312.jpg

It’s called a droop screw and it keeps the arms from overextending downward. They also keep the shocks from ripping them selves apart. The screws are adjusted to hit a tab on the chassis.

Yes.
A good question. You are observant for sure. There is no documentation in the Arrma manual in regards ironically. Never was, except in the Typhon TLRT manual.
Setting shock droop is important. There are many videos in regards. Many simply ignore these Shock Droop screws, or never notice them and find themselves with shock "end" breakage issues among other driveability issues.

What @Hammer Down said..

So basically those screws are keeping the arms from sagging too far
-and if they do droop too far >> the driveshafts would slip out and end up having the dogbones section of the driveshaft will chew/mangling up your suspension arms...

Look closely at the hinge area...
1698084199168.png

This is what could happen to the arms once the drive shaft pops out.. if you bashing around and didn't realize it has come loose.

1698084343271.png

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/dumpster-fire-or-a-diamond-in-the-rough.58743/page-3

It’s called a droop screw and it keeps the arms from overextending downward. They also keep the shocks from ripping them selves apart. The screws are adjusted to hit a tab on the chassis.
Thank you! I am guessing the stock configuration is probably the best way to go.
Yes.
A good question. You are observant for sure. There is no documentation in the Arrma manual in regards ironically. Never was, except in the Typhon TLRT manual.
Setting shock droop is important. There are many videos in regards. Many simply ignore these Shock Droop screws, or never notice them and find themselves with shock "end" breakage issues among other driveability issues.
Yeah! I was looking at the exploded view and there is nothing, so I had to ask and I am glad I did. 😆

Thank you! I am guessing the stock configuration is probably the best way to go.
No problem! There’s probably a few threads already on setting droop, just use the forum search function. 🤙

Honestly what comes RTR "stock" is less then what most would recommend. If others could chime in to with there thoughts on this that would be welcome.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back