Outcast Stock Outcast shocks, 4mm shafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fahd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
IMG_20170524_192705.jpg

Did you just enlarge the holes in the plastic guides enough to fit them? Are they the tekno shafts?

When I tried, it felt WAY too tight. How is the action on those. Also please let us know after a couple of sessions how they held up. I know the Rod will be tougher, but I want to know if the increased size caused any leaks or binding.

For an inexpensive way to beef up the Stock shocks, this takes the cake. You could also Use the Teckno Locking Shock rods ends, on the ends of those rods. Those look dang near indestructible, and you'll loose the spring cup, because it's locked in.

When I tried, it felt WAY too tight. How is the action on those. Also please let us know after a couple of sessions how they held up. I know the Rod will be tougher, but I want to know if the increased size caused any leaks or binding.

For an inexpensive way to beef up the Stock shocks, this takes the cake. You could also Use the Teckno Locking Shock rods ends, on the ends of those rods. Those look dang near indestructible, and you'll loose the spring cup, because it's locked in.
I haven't used them yet, and won't until his weekend. These are the Tekno 137mm rods, and I did in fact buy the locking rod ends to go with them.

They aren't tight, though, because I drilled the shock body and washers. Using stock o-rings. We'll see if they leak.

Unfortunately, I don't think they'll solve my problem. I keep breaking the rods right where the threads end, which is the same diameter on both the 3.5mm Arrma's and the 4mm Tekno's. In fact, you can use the stock rod ends, pistons, piston washers and piston nut on the Tekno rods.

Last edited:
I haven't used them yet, and won't until his weekend. These are the Tekno 137mm rods, and I did in fact buy the locking rod ends to go with them.

They aren't tight, though, because I drilled the shock body and washers. Using stock I-40 so. We'll see if they leak.

Unfortunately, I don't think they'll solve my problem. I keep breaking the rods right where the threads end, which is the same diameter on both the 3.5mm Arrma's and the 4mm Tekno's. In fact, you can use the stock rod ends, pistons, piston washers and piston nut on the Tekno rods.
So are you breaking the piston end of the shaft?

Last edited:
It is good to know that the tekno ends will work on both shafts. I just ordered some and I will replace the arrma ends as they break.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back