Switch mount for the MMX8s!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PPS-RC

Very Active Member
Vendor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Nero
Simple, and sweet. I mount my switches with VHB double sided tape. I love that stuff! I went to flip the switch on my MMX8s, and after thrashing around in some puddles, the switch just wiggled off. I figured that I needed a practical solution to mount the switch securely. And that's kind of what I do!

I came up with this sandwich plate switch mount. It is dual purpose (I love things that do more than one thing!). Not only does it mount the switch, but it also reinforces the fan and gives the fan motor a little bit of a base to rest on instead of relying on only the three fan motor supports. It won't make your fan bulletproof, but it should help keep it together a bit better than nothing!

Since it mounts UNDER the fan, it will be compatible with all aftermarket bolt on fans. If you have a tall fan, you will need to source your own longer screws.

You also have some versatility with switch positions, as you can rotate and flip the plate to put the switch on the left or right of the ESC, and towards the front or the back.

Lastly since it mounts to the ESC itself, it's a universal solution for any car that this ESC fits in! It only adds .015" or 1/64th or 1/2mm of overall width to the footprint of the ESC, making it a compact solution to firmly and securely mount your switch and stop fussing with zip ties or loose/falling off double sided tape for good!

Available in CNC Machined Billet and will include all required hardware for the stock fan.

https://practicalproto.com/collecti...ount-for-castle-mamba-monster-x-8s-preorder-1

20200827_151319_2309d934-57e7-4ca1-904e-f7021a4351c3_1024x1024@2x.jpg

20200827_144036_ee77b460-0a98-4ad0-83ad-ffeedd409820_1024x1024@2x.jpg

It’s a work of art!
Just like everything else you make ?
Simple yet very effective. Nicely done @PPS-RC
Thanks! Minor conveniences are my specialty haha. The last mini convenience I forgot to mention is that the switch is mounted to the ESC itself, making maintenance a bit simpler. No need to fuss with removing and retape or re tie the switch every time you pull the ESC. Little things like that just make wrenching more enjoyable.

Also if you eject the ESC in a crash, you're less likely to rip the switch wiring.

Plus it's shiny!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back