Switching from Nitro to Electric

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddawgLyfe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Notorious
So i made the switch from Nitro RC to Electric and i'm running into a problem or it may be saving it self lol....While running my Senton 3S as well as my oldest son running his mini Erevo vxl. all of a sudden the fans are running and the car won't go fwd or reverse. Usually this happens when we are tooling around in the garage or in the house. Not hard bashing or anything it doesn't seem like its a low battery condition as I can turn the cars off and wait a couple of minutes and start back going. What exactly is happening?

So i made the switch from Nitro RC to Electric and i'm running into a problem or it may be saving it self lol....While running my Senton 3S as well as my oldest son running his mini Erevo vxl. all of a sudden the fans are running and the car won't go fwd or reverse. Usually this happens when we are tooling around in the garage or in the house. Not hard bashing or anything it doesn't seem like its a low battery condition as I can turn the cars off and wait a couple of minutes and start back going. What exactly is happening?
Are you running Lipo or nimh batteries? If you are running nimh make sure your esc isn't in lipo mode.

I'm running Lipo and I'm in Lipo mode. The motor or the battery don't seem hot
I'm just trying to eliminate the easiest things here, are the batteries fully charged? The esc in lipo mode will cut power to the motor if the batteries go below 3.4-3.5v per cell.

I think that was the issue. what can i buy to give me a read out on where the volts are? Like if my charger says its full i'm looking for something i can plug up to test the balance or charge of the batteries. Thanks in advanace slick2500

Yes that will work. What battery charger do you have? Any decent lipo charger will display the voltage of each cell like this.
yUXE1bil.jpg

Right now all i have is the ez-peak dual charger because all i had was the ERevo Brushless and the mini erevo vxl. with all traxxas batteries. I think within a month i'm gonna get the venom power pro duo it's between that an the hi tech x2
I would go with the Venom as it does 80w per channel where as the Hitec only does 50w per channel. The Hitec would be better if you ran it off a DC power supply, when running off an external power supply the Hitec gets bumped up to 100w per channel.

What are the odds your not going to end up with more trucks?

I found out early on that spending more on a charger up front helps you not need to spend more later. I started with the ez-peak duo as well, then went with a 4x100w/4x10A charger. I started with the brushless 1/10 revo which uses 2 2S or 2 3S packs. So, after realizing the ez-peak was just a pain to charge my 9000mah 2S packs, I ended up with this one:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/dynami...c-dc-charger-6s-10a-100w-x-4-dync2050/p474339

Once I started running more trucks, I got one like this to wire into my 1:1 car permanently:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/reedy-...attery-charger-6s-12a-120wx2-asc27200/p485637

Then I don't need to charge so many packs before I go out. I charge twice what I need (4 2S packs for my big trucks, 2 3S packs for my smalls), then as I run them down, I charge them back up in the field. Before, I was charging up 6+ 2S packs before I went out and if I broke something, I'd have to drain all of them back down to storage on my charger putting needless cycles on packs.

Mine was cheaper though, $139 I think, HTRC 150w x 2 off amazon. I've seen a few others similar to it.

I got this one later on because I was planning on running 2x3S in my MT's and 1x3S in my smaller trucks, but I think I'll stick with 3S in just the smaller ones.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hitec-400w-ac-dc-balance-charger-discharger-hrc44249/p524132

I only got it because I won the bid on ebay for $130.

Anyway, just trying to get you to think about the future a bit before you buy something better than what you have.

It wasn’t that I’m second guessing so much. I have the ez peak charger and it was fine for all traxxas stuff. But now I’m getting different cars and batteries. The Ez peak charges my gensacearespammers batteries because I have adapters. I will look at the chargers everyone suggested

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back