Nitro Infraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgitalchaos

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Figured this belonged in General Chaos.
Converted my Infraction to nitro.

IMG_7695.jpeg

IMG_7696.jpeg

IMG_7697.jpeg

IMG_7698.jpeg
IMG_7632.jpeg
IMG_7634.jpeg
IMG_7702.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow thats awesome!!!
Ive had that idea a long while but I've only seen 3 now.
Yours, there is a Notorious on here and raz shifrin's but he didn't do it that well imo.
Good job 👏
Thanks! It certainly drives differently. I’ve seen an official Nitro Talion on the forums that was never released, and some TRX 3.3 conversions on YouTube, but none that retained the 4WD like mine.
Actually it belongs in the HELL YA section!!!!
Golf clap !!!
Why am I making engine sounds in my head now ?!?!?!!!!! 🏎️
Haha! It’s a different animal for sure. First time I ran it, all the neighborhood kids came running out to see it. It’s loud, that’s for sure!
Looks awesome! What kind of speeds are you getting out of it? Any other future upgrades you have planned or would like to do?
I’m getting 45MPH. The piston and sleeve need to be replaced eventually, but I want to order either a two speed transmission, or run the spool I made (I can select between 30T,33T,34T,35T, or 40T spur).

Figured this belonged in General Chaos.
Converted my Infraction to nitro.

View attachment 329636

View attachment 329637

View attachment 329638

View attachment 329639
Very nice man!

Few comments and questions if you don’t mind. What engine is that? How many gallons on it? What fuel do you use? I’ve considered doing something like that many times. Had it all planned out and life happened.

I’d say send me the sleeve and I’d pinch it for ya, no need for a new set but inflation and shipping prices happened too lol.

What MM did you use? Is it tall? My paper build has a bump slot in the chassis for a SPEED or a NiNja 😉

Nice job. I want to do something like this to a losi lmt.
Haha! That would be awesome!
Best thing I’ve seen on this forum!
Thanks!
Very nice man!

Few comments and questions if you don’t mind. What engine is that? How many gallons on it? What fuel do you use? I’ve considered doing something like that many times. Had it all planned out and life happened.

I’d say send me the sleeve and I’d pinch it for ya, no need for a new set but inflation and shipping prices happened too lol.

What MM did you use? Is it tall? My paper build has a bump slot in the chassis for a SPEED or a NiNja 😉
Thanks! This is an SH .28 rebranded as an EX (think RedCat). It’s a super old engine, it’s been in a lot of RCs. Has about 4 gallons ran through it and I had given it away and it came back to me. The person I gave it to couldn’t tune it, so it’s been on the shelf for 5 years. I installed the engine on the Infraction, but I couldn’t tune it either. Zero pinch. I took it apart and there is a deep scratch on the side of the piston and sleeve where the filament of a glow plug must have fallen onto it. I removed two shims, and resealed the engine, so now it runs, but likes a high idle. This time I’m using Traxxas Top Fuel 20% (only fuel available where I live).

I wanted to go back to nitro and but used nitros with discontinued parts were selling for $250 or more. I’ve already had this Infraction to 120MPH on the brushless side, plus I also have a Felony 6S, so I decided to make my own nitro out of the Infraction. I still have the stock body as well.

When you ask what MM I used, I don’t know what you’re referring to, so I can’t answer that question.
how did you hook up brakes? is it just the handbrake?
I removed that handbrake and it’s in my Felony now. I used the diff carrier with brakes from an old Hong Nor Sabre X3 Nitro that I used to run back in the day (sold it as the electric buggy, but the guy told me to keep all the nitro stuff). Only one hole lined up, so I made sure to measure three times just to make sure I drilled and countersunk the right places to fit it.

Last edited:
Haha! That would be awesome!

Thanks!

Thanks! This is an SH .28 rebranded as an EX (think RedCat). It’s a super old engine, it’s been in a lot of RCs. Has about 4 gallons ran through it and I had given it away and it came back to me. The person I gave it to couldn’t tune it, so it’s been on the shelf for 5 years. I installed the engine on the Infraction, but I couldn’t tune it either. Zero pinch. I took it apart and there is a deep scratch on the side of the piston and sleeve where the filament of a glow plug must have fallen onto it. I removed two shims, and resealed the engine, so now it runs, but likes a high idle. This time I’m using Traxxas Top Fuel 20% (only fuel available where I live).

I wanted to go back to nitro and but used nitros with discontinued parts were selling for $250 or more. I’ve already had this Infraction to 120MPH on the brushless side, plus I also have a Felony 6S, so I decided to make my own nitro out of the Infraction. I still have the stock body as well.

When you ask what MM I used, I don’t know what you’re referring to, so I can’t answer that question.

I removed that handbrake and it’s in my Felony now. I used the diff carrier with brakes from an old Hong Nor Sabre X3 Nitro that I used to run back in the day (sold it as the electric buggy, but the guy told me to keep all the nitro stuff). Only one hole lined up, so I made sure to measure three times just to make sure I drilled and countersunk the right places to fit it.
The Motor Mount. Did you flush shim it to the chassis or did you use a mount? Did you also cut a oval slides in the chassis so you can use larger tooth clutch bells?

The Motor Mount. Did you flush shim it to the chassis or did you use a mount? Did you also cut an oval slides in the chassis so you can use larger tooth clutch bells?
Oh gosh! lol. I used the motor mounts from the Sabre X3, along with some spacers I made to clear the pullstart (from an HPI 4.6), and to clear the small rise on the chassis. There’s enough room plus extra to fit a 24T clutch bell or bigger if needed. I did cut oval slides as well. I didn’t want to flush mount for two reasons: 1. The engine would scrape the ground, and 2. The front of the engine would not clear the rear brake assembly.

Last edited:
I imagine great for Hooning around. Speed runs won't be dramatic however. Just the nature of Nitro's.
I bet that it is so much lighter now in Nitro Trim for sure. (y)
Very nice job you did there. I like that creativity. Unique for sure.

I'd be on the search to see if you couldn't get a 2spd in there. Say from a kyosho gt2 or gt3? That was my plan anyway. Use the center diff and 2spd from one of those. Easy enough to mount the diff. I'd need to measure the pins on the drive shafts to see if they are the same as an arrma shaft. I've got some kyosho's floating around here. Get the 2spd in and measure and figure out shaft lengths.

Just my idea😁

I imagine great for Hooning around. Speed runs won't be dramatic however. Just the nature of Nitro's.
I bet that it is so much lighter now in Nitro Trim for sure. (y)
Very nice job you did there. I like that creativity. Unique for sure.
It’s hard to explain, but drives much different. Has a more “real” feel to it. Probably due to the auditory senses as well as visual. Certainly Hoons around quite well.

I see what's going on now.(y)(y):love:
Yeah I have 2 nitros here.
It feels more like a real ICE vehicle. Disc Braking and all. Audible exhaust feedback is what makes it seem fast and fun.

I'd be on the search to see if you couldn't get a 2spd in there. Say from a kyosho gt2 or gt3? That was my plan anyway. Use the center diff and 2spd from one of those. Easy enough to mount the diff. I'd need to measure the pins on the drive shafts to see if they are the same as an arrma shaft. I've got some kyosho's floating around here. Get the 2spd in and measure and figure out shaft lengths.

Just my idea😁
I have a two speed from a hyper 7 that fits. I had and LRP 32 Spec 3 that destroyed the clutch bell. All I need is a clutch bell and two matching pinions. However, even with a two speed, a spool would be faster (I made a spool as well that fits this conversion). But the shifting sound is melody to my ears!
I see what's going on now.(y)(y):love:
Yeah I have 2 nitros here.
It feels more like a real ICE vehicle. Disc Braking and all. Audible exhaust feedback is what makes it seem fast and fun.
I can also adjust front and rear brakes independently. It doesn’t look fast in the video, but certainly feels much faster.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back