Talion Talion gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenwing94

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Coming out of the box I was wondering what size pinion other people are running with talion. I am running a 15 tooth pinion in it at the moment because it was getting a little to warm for my liking just from speed runs with the 20 tooth. I am ordering an 18 tooth pinion and a heat sync for the motor to help curb this issue. What would everyone else recommend for pinion size to still get the speed but not the heat?

Location and ambient temps make a difference.
This weekend ~ 90-92F on 18T stock tires
- on the road and ESC shuts off after ~ 12-14 min due to overheat.
- in the grass it was ~ 8 min.
Motor dual fans remained ~ 150F, ESC with fan overheated

15T is about all it can do on stock, if you do a lot of WOT.

For jumping and normal bashing it's fine on 15T and plenty fast.

You're on 6s I assume?

I'm running 18t but it's borderline, depends on the terrain and weather, if you're ok with having a temp gun and monitoring it then this is what I would suggest.

15t-16t if you want to drive and not worry.

I don't run motor fans.

I usually run 4s if I’m jumping or general bashing but will put 6s in on rare occasions. The places I drive the tracks are a little small for it to be moving 60+
You're on 6s I assume?

I'm running 18t but it's borderline, depends on the terrain and weather, if you're ok with having a temp gun and monitoring it then this is what I would suggest.

I don't run motor fans.

You're on 6s I assume?

I don't run motor fans.
I am typically running 4s but I’ve found it is a little slow for my liking on 15 tooth but a little quick for the tracks around here on 20 I run 6s on rare occasions if I’m running 18 tooth on 4s will I have to worry about temps?

I bashed with the 20t before I changed motors. Never thermaled with my style of bashing.

You’re actually the person I watched on YouTube to get into this car I had the typhon before saw your video and ordered it you showed exactly what I wanted to see for what this car can do keep it up and thanks for the reply.

You’re actually the person I watched on YouTube to get into this car I had the typhon before saw your video and ordered it you showed exactly what I wanted to see for what this car can do keep it up and thanks for the reply.
I love my Talion Stallion ?

I’ve run 16T on 4S and 6S since I got mine and have never had an issue. Conservative as far as heat and as a fast as I need it to be in most situations.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back