Tamiya grass hopper build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clubin

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Vorteks
Hour today. It’s the special edition green

This one $50 usd.
IMG_2913.jpeg
IMG_2914.jpeg
IMG_2916.jpeg
IMG_2917.jpeg
IMG_2918.jpeg
IMG_2919.jpeg
IMG_2920.jpeg
IMG_2921.jpeg
IMG_2922.jpeg
IMG_2923.jpeg
IMG_2924.jpeg
IMG_2925.jpeg
IMG_2926.jpeg
IMG_2927.jpeg
IMG_2928.jpeg

IMG_2929.jpeg

I was literally just looking at this exact (green) model the other day. Thinking, boy would I love to build a grasshopper to commemorate my first rc.
Where did you find it so cheap? Best I could find was around $106 American doll hairs on Amazon.

I was literally just looking at this exact (green) model the other day. Thinking, boy would I love to build a grasshopper to commemorate my first rc.
Where did you find it so cheap? Best I could find was around $106 American doll hairs on Amazon.
That was my first as well-and have been poised to jump on one of a sick deal pops up for the past year or better lol.. Gonna have to grab up a Hornet as well. I want the OG livery, and they’ll be dedicated shelf queens for sure. Really looking forward to the builds.. A Lunchbox as well, and REALLY want a Wild One, but they’ve seriously bumped their heads regarding the price on that one..😅🤷🏻‍♂️

That was my first as well-and have been poised to jump on one of a sick deal pops up for the past year or better lol.. Gonna have to grab up a Hornet as well. I want the OG livery, and they’ll be dedicated shelf queens for sure. Really looking forward to the builds.. A Lunchbox as well, and REALLY want a Wild One, but they’ve seriously bumped their heads regarding the price on that one..😅🤷🏻‍♂️
Yep, all of em’ 😎🤙

I WANT an RC10, but they are RIDICULOUS. 😅
They're actually not that bad. I was expecting worse (granted, the mint condition stuff is actually ridiculous but does it have to be mint?) but check this out. This looks to be complete, even including the original box, manual, etc. and this bucket of magnificence can be yours for $500. Just needs a good cleaning.
https://ebya.io/3H5q
1709089813665.png

They're actually not that bad. I was expecting worse (granted, the mint condition stuff is actually ridiculous but does it have to be mint?) but check this out. This looks to be complete, even including the original box, manual, etc. and this bucket of magnificence can be yours for $500. Just needs a good cleaning.
https://ebya.io/3H5q
View attachment 351365

While I do not disagree with you-I should likely clarify that I may have some mental problems because when I see one fairly complete in survivor condition, all I see in my head is 1/8 truggy slider with a bunch of spares in good shape, (2) used nitro engines and a couple BNIB connecting rods, half a dozen 500oz/in used servos, or a nice used ARTR kit grade 1/8 buggy.. That’s what makes it hard for me to pull the trigger, so I resort to typical online whining.. 🤣🤣

Carry on. 🍺🤙

While I do not disagree with you-I should likely clarify that I may have some mental problems because when I see one fairly complete in survivor condition, all I see in my head is 1/8 truggy slider with a bunch of spares in good shape, (2) used nitro engines and a couple BNIB connecting rods, half a dozen 500oz/in used servos, or a nice used ARTR kit grade 1/8 buggy.. That’s what makes it hard for me to pull the trigger, so I resort to typical online whining.. 🤣🤣

Carry on. 🍺🤙
Roger WilCo. o7

Rc mart. Hong Kong. My last order 7 days it was here.

IMG_2894.jpeg

Niiiiice! +1 for RCMart too! I ordered some Futaba stuff from them that’s on National backorder for months here in the States, and I’d ordered some stuff from Amain as well, and they got here to NC at the same damned time. 😳. That was even with their “super saver” free shipping, and I was actually able to track it to the US. 2 days later, it was in my mailbox. 🤙

Simply adding sealed ball bearings to replace the ultra shitttyy plastic, or bronze bushings was by far the number one modification for the Tamiya kits, and the only “allowed” alteration in the “Tamiya Stock” class when I was racing them in ‘85. 🤙 AWESOME build.

Back