Typhon Terps Typhon with GoPro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilinbri

RC is a hobby. Arrma is a lifestyle.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Notorious
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Vorteks
  7. Infraction 4x4
Finally got my 6s battery and had a blast running the Terps Typhon up and down my street with the GoPro! Stock motor, ESC and gearing.....hit 47mph! That's the fastest I've gone..........not saying much though since this was my 1st time running a speed rig. 😁 Didn't break anything except the stoopid Polo Creations Fiber wing...... POS!

I think my diffs need a quick look over also as it was a lot louder than when I started! 😂 I love the vids where I placed the GoPro on the ground and ZOOOOMED past it! Love that sound!!!!

ENJOY!!!
VideoCapture_20220811-002032.jpg
VideoCapture_20220811-002236.jpg
VideoCapture_20220811-002901.jpg
VideoCapture_20220811-002714.jpg

Finally got my 6s battery and had a blast running the Terps Typhon up and down my street with the GoPro! Stock motor, ESC and gearing.....hit 47mph! That's the fastest I've gone..........not saying much though since this was my 1st time running a speed rig. 😁 Didn't break anything except the stoopid Polo Creations Fiber wing...... POS!

I think my diffs need a quick look over also as it was a lot louder than when I started! 😂 I love the vids where I placed the GoPro on the ground and ZOOOOMED past it! Love that sound!!!!

ENJOY!!!
View attachment 235330View attachment 235331View attachment 235333View attachment 235332

Love the on board look, but the donuts made me dizzy!😀🥴 It looks like the a$$ end is really squatting under throttle, you may want to add some preload to the rear shocks to keep the nose down a little more.
So much fun tho aren't they?

Nice job. Like @joshludden stated, rear preload may need dialing in. An improperly adjusted or the wrong wing angle will make the nose lift at speed from extreme Rear wing downforce. Keep this in mind. Not familiar with your upgrade wing there. I'm using the TLRT Wing without the 5mm/10mm Gurney flaps installed.
I am getting 58MPH with my TLRT on only 4S. (22T pinion/50T spur) Running HW 2250kv/XR8 Plus ( sensored) Punch dropped all the way down. No added timing. FWIW.
I would drop the Punch setting down. And be more gentle on the throttle. This will make way for controlling speeds up to 100MPH.
Start collecting pinions. Think Tekno pinions. The speed bug got you for sure.:LOL:

Last edited:
Love the on board look, but the donuts made me dizzy!😀🥴 It looks like the a$$ end is really squatting under throttle, you may want to add some preload to the rear shocks to keep the nose down a little more.
So much fun tho aren't they?
Thanks and yes, so much fun! 😁

Thanks for the suggestion! I will get on that! I am 100% newbie to this road/speed running gig so any tips/advice/constructive criticism is always welcome!! 😂 This is why I love this forum!!! ✌️
Nice job. Like @joshludden stated, rear preload may need dialing in.
I am getting 58MPH with my TLRT on only 4S. (22T pinion/50T spur)
I would drop the Punch setting down. And be more gentle on the throttle. This will make way for controlling speeds up to 100MPH.
Start collecting pinions. The speed bug got you for sure.:LOL:
Thanks! Appreciate and always respect your RC input sir! 👍

Once I get some adjustments done to the shocks and stuff, I'll try the 22T! I'll lower the punch to 2 (I believe stock setting is 3), practice throttle control and start collecting pinions! (I have some already). I am always aware of throttle control, but I think I was "rushing it" just due to the short length of my road.

I think this might end up being my speed rig and my 4s Infraction build (whenever I get to that!) will be my crazy street basher!! 👍✌️
An improperly adjusted or the wrong wing angle will make the nose lift at speed from extreme Rear wing downforce. Keep this in mind. Not familiar with your upgrade wing there. I'm using the TLRT Wing without the 5mm/10mm Gurney flaps installed.
Yeah, that wing was a POS and not using it anymore. I look into a new one soon. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Nice! Looks like a lot of fun!🏁🏁🏁
Thanks! It ALWAYS is!!! :LOL: ✌️
If you plan to dive into speed running further at speeds above 80 mph you may want to swap over the limitless/infraction/felony towers and shocks all around. They look really good on the Typhon!
Yeah, still thinking about that. Don't think I'm gonna be a speed demon and keep trying to go faster. Heck, that 47mph had me grinning! ☺️

I like that idea though....whether I'm gonna want 80+ or just in the 60s/70s it's probably still a good idea to swap those to the Terps Typhon since it will be my dedicated road car! Truly appreciate the advice bud!!! 👍✌️

Yeah, that wing was a POS and not using it anymore. I look into a new one soon. Thanks!!
I put an Outkast/Notorious wing on my 3S typhon. It’s a good bit smaller and quite sturdy.

47305B4A-FA89-48BD-9BE5-318A2AB0867C.jpeg

Man, you gotta at least get up to 65 mph! I believe in you! :cool:(y)
Hell, a year from now I'll probably have a real speed rig shooting for 120 mph!!! 🤪 :ROFLMAO:

Hell, a year from now I'll probably have a real speed rig shooting for 120 mph!!! 🤪 :ROFLMAO:
Soon I'm going to try and hit 100 mph for the first time! So many TP motors and my pb is a sad 94 mph. We will get there one day!!

I like that!! Thanks bud!! Hope you are having a good "pain day". Just a few more days till your doc visit!! 🤞✌️
Yeah…those 30 deep trigger point steroid injections I got last week have finally kicked in and really helped (i’ve been able to keep up with the kid!). It makes Monday’s procedure even more anticipated 🤞
Thanks brother!

I did most of the suggested upgrades/improvements to my Terps Typhon I wrenched on yesterday....

O, and everything was going great until 1 of the screws holding the motor mount stripped! I tried everything.....rubber band/tape method, using a star bit, tried using my extraction bits, but no luck there. Finally busted out the dremel and cut a flat head mark in it and was able to get out with manual big flat head. What a puta! Ordered new screws.

• Removed that POS Polo Creations wing and added the Kraton wing after some cutting. Also got the adjustable downforce one to try later (I think it's the TLR one?)
  • Installed the Limitless shocks and shock tower on the front. May do rear later
  • Installed my MD state flag shock covers
  • Upgraded the plastic center diff mount to an aluminum GPM one (thought I ordered black, but it came in orange....o well!
  • My 1st time ever changing gearing on a rig! Installed the 46T spur and a 26T Tekno pinion
  • Adjusted rear shocks
  • Adjusted droop to drop rig some
Ordered a bunch of tires to try also as the street ones that came with it when I got it used are getting worn down.

My brother is coming up later today-with out his kids-(GUYS DAY!! 😁) to run some rigs. So I'll get the Terps Typhon out for a test drive today! Got all batteries charged up a ready to go for the track, ramp and street.....today's participants will be my 3s Slash 2wd, pos Redcat SCT and 3s Senton for the track, 3s Bigfoot for wheelie fun, the Noto6s for the ramp and the Terps Typhon for the street! Gotta go win a flag football game 1st!!! (y) :ROFLMAO: ✌️ 💪

20220902_224018.jpg

20220902_230829.jpg
20220902_230835.jpg
20220902_230851.jpg
20220902_230845.jpg

Terps is looking very hot! Nice work man 😊

I use my Engineer pliers a lot. They can get just about any stripped screw out as long as there is a little tiny bit to grab on too. Would’ve made getting that stripped screw out fairly easy. They are absolutely an essential part of my tool kit and have a lot of uses. You can also get them individually. I use the smaller pair far more than the larger ones.

Get rid of those motor mount screws also. they are a literal crap. M4 cap Heads with a washer are far better and won’t strip out on you.

Oh, and congratulations on winning a typhon!

Engineer PZ-58 Screw Extraction Combination Pliers + PZ-57 Screw Removal Pliers for tiny M2 screws Bundle (Made in Japan) https://a.co/d/ebUPv0c

iexcell 100 Pcs Metric M4 x 8/10/12/14/16 Alloy Steel 12.9 Grade Hex Socket Head Cap Screws Bolts Assortment Kit, Black Oxide Finish https://a.co/d/8y1I3Q8

304 Stainless Steel Flat Washers Set, 600PCS Fender Washers Assortment Kit, 9 Sizes M2 M2.5 M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 M10 M12 Suitable for Handmade, Home Decoration, Factories Repair, Electrical Connections https://a.co/d/7tLSyCO

4233BF78-2327-4180-B4AF-0BFF23884A5A.png

6C10A95B-BDB0-4DC6-AE71-C7582BE886A6.png

7983D6F8-51D2-4E4E-BF6F-CB5089C51FFC.png

Thanks!! The new Typhon will be turned into basher since the Terps is my street girl.

Yeah, I've got those pliers from a previous suggestion you gave and they didn't work on this one. Otherwise I love those pliers!!

I've got all those washers and screws too, but couldn't find one to fit, but didn't think about using shorter screws with washers. I was up late workingon that. I'll try that.

Thanks for the tips! 😁 ✌️

Thanks!! The new Typhon will be turned into basher since the Terps is my street girl.

Yeah, I've got those pliers from a previous suggestion you gave and they didn't work on this one. Otherwise I love those pliers!!

I've got all those washers and screws too, but couldn't find one to fit, but didn't think about using shorter screws with washers. I was up late workingon that. I'll try that.

Thanks for the tips! 😁 ✌️
Anytime buddy! I’m surprised the pliers didn’t work because I used the below small pair to remove one of those same motor mount screws that stripped on my Kraton. These are the exact ones that I got and I use them a lot. Sounds like you already got a larger pair so you should add this to your toolbox perhaps.

Can’t wait to see the build thread of your other typhon. I’ve been looking at those lately and next year I think I’ll get a 6s typhon and turn it into a light weight, 4S Park Basher. You have a great weekend buddy!

ENGINEER PZ-57 Screw Removal Pliers for tiny M2 screws (Screw Head dia. 2~3.5mm) with unique vertical serrated jaws, ESD-safe https://a.co/d/jegscDW

F03054B7-7989-4E03-9531-A9AD165EB9BD.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back