Time to repair Vitavon threads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk3000

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Voltage
So vitavon loves leaving aluminum shaving in their threads for us to deal with. This is not a new subject with these guys. Thank you Vitavon 😊
I thought to make this post to share a few things I found and to also get community input as well.
To start let's all take a few minutes to watch this awesome video that is definitely worth your time, promise.

Now let me show you my bruised threads on my front axle for my losi lmt. This is the cover that holds the differential. The screws were already in and as I unscrewed them by by hand I could feel the crunch of the debris
I never used any tools all this was by hand. What I did that most likely caused this was by holding it so the holes were upside down and tapped what I could of the metal debris out. Which was happening as I did it over a paper towel. After I used can of air to blow out the holes then attempted to check the screws in the threads to verify they were lean. How from me turning theses scews by hand did this is happen is besides me. None the less a fix is needed so I'm learning all my options.
Let's here some thoughts on how you guys would go about fixing the threads.

20221009_232251.jpg

20221009_232212.jpg

20221009_232235.jpg

20221009_232241.jpg

No it's not Vitavon I just made this for jokes. You serious?
I have multiple of their parts at my desk that have this exact issue and it has been mentioned many times on this forum
ANY t
Are you sure That’s vitavon stuff? I’ve never seen any of what you are talking about and I’ve bought lots of their stuff. Never a issue!
Any thoughts on a fix as if you took the time to read my post you would see I asked for advice and said I have no idea why the threads bruised that way.

You can try to re-tap the holes( clean up the threads ). They may not be as strong as they were originally depending on how buggered up they are . Or you can buy a thread repair kit (Heli Coil) and drill out the hole re-tap it for the new insert coil and thread in the new coil.

No it's not Vitavon I just made this for jokes. You serious?
I have multiple of their parts at my desk that have this exact issue and it has been mentioned many times on this forum
ANY t

Any thoughts on a fix as if you took the time to read my post you would see I asked for advice and said I have no idea why the threads bruised that way.
Check the attitude. Not productive.

Reason I asked if it was vitavon was it doesn’t look like their machining. Plus their name wasn’t on anything you posted.

Vitavon is easy too contact.
Did you contact the mfg?

Check your self son
You basically called me out on it not being Vitavon after my post was and is clearly saying the exact Vitavon part in the photo. Don't try and sugar coat you being an ass off the jump. BYE

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back