Timing on stock set up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garymathisjr83@gmail

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
I have a Mojave v2. I love it but keeps getting hot.. so I did some research and found that the factory timing is set at 22.5 degrees which is pretty high from what I have found... so me being me I bought that spektrum ESC programmer. It was only 20. Bucks so I figured why not.. it came in handy. I set my timing at 11.5 and my punch at 4 .it's all stock but I am running a CNHL 9500 mah. 6s lipo and I got 37 minutes of run time . My motor never got over 110 degrees my esc only 112 and the battery itself only 105 .. so all in all . To all the people running stock and want cooler temps and longer run time I highly suggest spending the 20 bucks and by the programmer it's well worth it.. thanks for reading this..

16968670479843262601504956350008.jpg

Oh yeah and I am running the stock 50 spur with a 18t pinion gear still hits 55 not bad. For me

You sacrifice a little top speed for it but if you're having temp issues turning that timing down helps a ton. It's also worth noting you can turn the timing down with the beepy button programming, but it's a bit more cumbersome.

Nice work! I crank mine down to 0.

Not sure why Arrma decided to go so high stock. From what I have read on this forum it causes unnecessary heat and wear and tear on that ESC/Motor.

👍

Last edited:
You sacrifice a little top speed for it but if you're having temp issues turning that timing down helps a ton. It's also worth noting you can turn the timing down with the beepy button programming, but it's a bit more cumbersome.
Oh nice yeah I forgot about the beeping ecs program.. well it's still worth it to me lol since I already bought it 🥴🥴.. yeah I lost a little speed but for what I do with it seems fare to lose a little to gain 17 minutes more run time . Thanks
Nice work! I crank mine down to 0.

Not sure why Arrma decided to go so high stock. From what I have read on this forum it causes unnecessary heat and wear and heat on that ESC/Motor.

👍
Yeah I don't get it other then more money on their end when we burn stuff out.. I am thankful for the arrma forum and all of you guys that take time to let us newbie know about things and actually reply. Thank you

They bump timing up to hit the box speed numbers as far as I can tell. Also worth noting when I went down to 0 degrees it was way more torquey but when I swapped it into another car, the top speed was lower than I would've expected from the gearing. I'm not totally convinced the 2050kv motor speed is accurate. Maybe it is 2050kv with the timing turned up...

They bump timing up to hit the box speed numbers as far as I can tell. Also worth noting when I went down to 0 degrees it was way more torquey but when I swapped it into another car, the top speed was lower than I would've expected from the gearing. I'm not totally convinced the 2050kv motor speed is accurate. Maybe it is 2050kv with the timing turned up...
Yeah that seems about right.. I did lose speed like 5 mph so far .. but I have not tried zero degrees yet.. I am sure I will still play around with it and see but I figure running lower timing will allow more gearing options?? I am not sure yet ...

I was looking at the Firma 160 manual for the v2 8s rtr exb's earlier.. seems Arrma has changed their minds about advanced timing? The default value is now 0 degrees according to the manual. I tend to play the long game myself, I'd go with the most conservative setting that still satisfies me.

The Firma 150 has different settings than the Firma 160.
I was looking at the Firma 160 manual for the v2 8s rtr exb's earlier.. seems Arrma has changed their minds about advanced timing? The default value is now 0 degrees according to the manual. I tend to play the long game myself, I'd go with the most conservative setting that still satisfies me.

The Firma 150 has different settings than the Firma 160.
Perhaps, my point was that the 160 also has adjustable timing but Arrma chose to set it to zero. This is one of the latest esc's from Spektrum (v2 160a). Curious to see what the 4s 130a units are programmed to. Perhaps Arrma has realized that advanced timing for bragging rights doesn't pay off after having a crap load of failures from the 150a over the past few years? Just a theory.🤷‍♂️

Perhaps, my point was that the 160 also has adjustable timing but Arrma chose to set it to zero. This is one of the latest esc's from Spektrum (v2 160a). Curious to see what the 4s 130a units are programmed to. Perhaps Arrma has realized that advanced timing for bragging rights doesn't pay off after having a crap load of failures from the 150a over the past few years? Just a theory.🤷‍♂️
Oddly I think the Firma 150 was the only one with significant advanced timing as stock. Not sure why, I beleive they are still shipped with the timing at 22.5 degrees.

Oddly I think the Firma 150 was the only one with advanced timing as stock. Not sure why, I beleive they are still shipped with the timing at 22.5 degrees.
Was wondering if they're still shipping the 150a with timing advanced.. like Said, was just a theory I had. FWIW, my brother has like 4 or 5 v5 6s rtr's. All stock, never changed anything, they run well. Only exception being the felony 6s, that rig hits thermal shutdown regularly in warmer weather.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back