Too much camber?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaladeth

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Limitless
This was run on two heats of 6 minutes each, at -4 camber. The other car ran four heats with same setup and looks more even but similar - inside of tire is more used up.

Too much camber maybe? Drop to -2?

IMG_0830.jpeg

IMG_0831.jpeg

This was run on two heats of 6 minutes each, at -4 camber. The other car ran four heats with same setup and looks more even but similar - inside of tire is more used up.

View attachment 354806
View attachment 354807
Let me know when you find the answer...

Seriously, I do not know. I start with new tires on the kitchen counter with batteries loaded and adjust until all the tires are flat on the counter when I roll it. 90% perfect will be some imperfection in all tires.

I only get 1.5 runs out of tires. 7-9min I am done on the 6S Infraction. I juice the throttle from start to end. I ask myself why I balance them, knowing what I will do.

Wise checking and being up on it (y)

Last edited:

View attachment 354806
View attachment 354807
I don’t know how well it would work on a tire that small, but for 1:1 sports cars we would run a few laps to heat up the tires. pull into the pits and immediately scan the cross section of the tire with an IR heat gun to see where the heat was. Very helpful for fine tuning camber and toe.

Back