TP 5860 vents question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hubdy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
I just got my Tp5860 745kv in the mail, opened the box and was a bit surprised. It seems like it has open vents on it. How can I seal them? And do I need to seal them?

IMG_20231011_142836.jpg

IMG_20231011_142829.jpg

Yes, I would recommend covering the holes.
You cannot exactly stuff things in the holes as it could get caught in the rotor.

You want to plug those holes because dirt, grass, sand will end up in there and could damage the rotor over time.

One possible solution would be to remove the end caps and fill those extra holes with epoxy. All other methods I can think of would come off later/easily.

I would put some tape and call it a day but the epoxy idea would look better 🤣

Does TP sell the seals?

(If not I'm going with epoxy)

*Tape is last reserve 😜

Did you order it vented?

My 5840L has a plastic sheet (original) covering the front and rear holes:

View attachment 326311

I don't think they sell them seperately, but if you contact them they will likely provide a way to obtain some
Thanks, I'll try to get in touch with them
Just got off the phone with TP rep. She said that they don't have any sealed caps currently for 58 series motors, only for the 40 series. She also informed me that it's normal for them to install plastic end caps if they don't have metal ones at the time of the assembly.
Did you order it vented?
Well, I ordered it at rcboatbits.com (from Australia)
They had one in stock for $151 shipped to my house in FL so I gave it a shot. It didn't say anything about the endcaps in the description so I was hoping that it would be sealed. But it is what it is so I would just seal them one way or another.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back