Kraton Tried to fix the 4 green flashes of death in my esc... esc fixing gone wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
Do not try to fix the green flashes of death or you risk of burning down ur house. Lucky my lipos were not onboard. My esc bricked itself yesterday when i went out with a friend. Attempted to deeply try to fix it and it exploded. My first blx 185 threw a tiny smoke when i attempted to fix it too and made a creepy noise. But lucky nothing else happened. But this one just exploded.

20230707_164710.jpg
20230707_164714.jpg

It smells so terrible. Was able to remove the burn marks with my ultrasonic cleaner. It could have been so much worse. The fire killed itself when the negative lead unsoldered itself

It only takes one stupid move like plugging the wire when ur giving throttle input to just set ur house on fire. I didnt think when i did it i only though about the blinking red light. I got throttle back but at the cost of a fire.

Do not try to fix the green flashes of death or you risk of burning down ur house. Lucky my lipos were not onboard. My esc bricked itself yesterday when i went out with a friend. Attempted to deeply try to fix it and it exploded. My first blx 185 threw a tiny smoke when i attempted to fix it too and made a creepy noise. But lucky nothing else happened. But this one just exploded.
I once did that in the house turned the esc on it went up in the kitchen had to open all windows and doors made a right mess

It is indeed one offensive smell when electronics burn up!!🤮
Sorry for the loss!! I burned up a nice HW Xerun 150a(sensored) a few months back. I kept it around for a bit wanting to salvage the fan, wires and connectors from. Dang that thang stunk!! Finally hacked everything off and gave it a proper burial about a week later..😔😜🤣🤣

Lost my max 10 I had in a blitz flux sc truck. Crappy soldering iron, and did not get a good soldering job on the esc connector. Negative line desolderd itself and touched positive on throttle.
Flame ON!!!!
THEN END!

Dang man what did you do!! 🤯
Plugged the yellow lead when i gave a bit of throttle. It was my last ditch attempt. Smoked and caught fire. Learned my lesson. Lucky my lipos were not strapped in but hanging on the side of the vehicle

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back